Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Well

I purchased some like those on ebay for my Tahoe, and really they're nothing more than regular lights with a blue tint to them. I wouldn't waste my money if I were you.

True HID lights will come with ballasts and bulbs, and will run you at least $350-600. I've been wanting to upgrade too, but I just can't drop that kind of cash on headlights.

Here are some links:

HID conversion for Titan/Armada:

http://www.hidexpress.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=10

Thread over at TT from some guys who have upgraded:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21270&page=1&pp=15

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I agree with adjmcloon. I bought some of those off eBay for my Pathfinder (which I had before my Armada) - big mistake. They weren't as bright as the original bulbs, and one of them exploded after 2 hours use (I was very carefull not to touch the glass, I wear clean white cotton gloves when replacing bulbs).
I think the SilverStars work well. I have had them in two of my Nissans and never had any problems with them. You can get them at your local Walmart.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Those $12 ebay bulbs that are all over are pretty much worthless. The Sylvania Silverstar bulbs avail at Autozone, wally's and everywhere are excellent halogen bulbs. I use them in my brights and fogs. I put in Hella HID conversions in the Armada. They are whiter and of adequate brightness. They are not as good as most OEM HID because they don't use projectors to really focus the light in a good pattern. I did the conversion after noticing that the QX56 uses the same basic configuration as the Armada; although with a small plate under the light, presumably to cut down on scatter. I got mine at a place that's gone out of business... so I can't help you with a source. Hidonline was an option, but they were more expensive.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Campfamily said:
Have you used this system? $400 is an excellent price, but only if it isn't crap.

Keith

I've put them in mine - i'm happy so far - doesn't appear to be crap. I had some difficulty with the connectors that go to the stock headlight plugs (maybe a little crappy) but everthing works good so far.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
What type of problems did you have? What color bulbs did you end up getting? Any wire cutting?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
TooTall said:
What type of problems did you have? What color bulbs did you end up getting? Any wire cutting?
I got the 6000k bulbs. I'm happy with them, but if I had it to do over, I'd get the 4300k instead. I only did the low beams. There's a noticeable difference between the high and low beam colors and I think the 4300k would be closer to the silverstars I have in the high beams. I don't use the high beams much, so it's not a big deal . The ballast doesn't come with the connectors attached to hook to the stock headlight plug. They provide the pins and backshell to connect to the ballast wires so you can plug them into the stock headlight connectors. I had some problems getting the pins to to seat properly in the backshells, but after a couple of tries I got them to work. No wire cutting, but I considered (but did not) cutting the stock plugs off and connecting them directly to the ballast.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
armada24 said:
Just wondering if anyone here has put any type of after market xenon lights in their Armada? I am thinking of getting either one of this. They are 7500-8000k, what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=7957766564&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7958021533&fromMakeTrack=true
Don't waste your time with those cheap bulbs. Do your research, and buy a real HID kit. You get what you pay for.

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts