Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
895 Posts

· Premium Member
895 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
They make K&N look all crappy, but if they were so bad, why do some many race car drivers use them on their very expensive engines. Don't see many AC Delco stickers on dragsters.
Crushin, not a good comparison, those racers are not trying to get 200k miles out of their engines like I am. And race engines blow up before they get a chance to wear out and besides I don't have a pit crew to change motors or sponsors to pay for it.
I saw another less scientific experiment involving a fellow who put a film of white grease on his dirt bike air intake boot (between carb and head), ran it for a day with his OEM oiled foam element. the grease was nearly pristine. Then he ran an K&N for the next day and the grease was completely covered with dirt. I am not trying to tell anyone what to run, but you are only fooling yourself if you think your engine will last as long with a oiled gauze filter vs OEM.

· Premium Member
895 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
So what kind of air filter do you have in your house. I hope its the high efficiency pleated filter. I would hate for your car to outlast your health.

Electrostatic with a fibre prefilter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.