1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Thats a easy alternative but another alternative that would give you more for the same money or less is to add a computer like what I have....mine was easier than what some will be in that I already have navigation so I didn't need to add a screen.

With screen and PC with all the same features plus a true computer letting you add more like internet capability etc can be done for around $1000. If you want something that would be easy to integrate then the Clarion is an excelent choice but you might outgrow it......I know I have my hard drive pretty full and thats with a 60gig HD...plus the internet through my cell phone is useful as well.

On you question about photos...if you scroll down when you are posting a message you will se a "manage attachments" button. Just click on that, the rest is self explanatory.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
WHOA! niceee! can u install it if u already have the tech package though? like sum how replace the old nav. and stuff with that one????

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw your computer hook up and I love it , i'll be my dream to put one in my car but unfortunatly i dont know mush about what to get and to install it i'll probably get charge an arm and a leg for it not counting the people installing it may screw the nav ,, show me the light , i would do it , i saw the link to your install but i'm cluless :confused:
jorge

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
can u replace the orignal factory nav with this one :confused: b/c our Armada has everything in it, but this Clarion is amazinggg

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you probably can replace it , the cool thing is if you ever sale your car, you can take it with you, and if you find a GPS mount you can transfer from car to car cause its portable,

If the housing host a 7' screen i'll fit i woud say but if not get a GPS mount

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Hello, I am new to this site and like all the postings that I am reading. This site has already answered a lot of things that I was wondering about the 2004 that I bought about 2 weeks ago. I was wondering where can I locate a factory Nav system to install in my Armada which was not equipped with one.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
PISHICO said:
you probably can replace it , the cool thing is if you ever sale your car, you can take it with you, and if you find a GPS mount you can transfer from car to car cause its portable,

If the housing host a 7' screen i'll fit i woud say but if not get a GPS mount
Can you post some pictures installed? Thanks

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Truckputer Nav Apps

Microsoft Streets and Trips 2006 now has Guidance including voice instructions. It is cheap to at around $35.00 on the web.

iGuidance, about $100.00, is also an option. It includeds both PC and PPC versions.

If you don't want to build in your display, the Xenarc 700TSV is a good choice.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Sup guys, new member looking for ideas

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question.

Can I get the NICE hooked up without it affecting the BOSE system? I also want to add a flip down in the center (back) or is it cheaper to put two screens in the head rest? If I go with just the flip down, is a screen all I need cause it can be ran of the Clarion NICE?Don't know much about these things.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Mahalos

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
04 Le

I have the 04 LE also with leather, Sunroof, Bose sound system. And wished I had the stock NAV also. Will Nissan install it? :clueless:

igitnya2 said:
Hello, I am new to this site and like all the postings that I am reading. This site has already answered a lot of things that I was wondering about the 2004 that I bought about 2 weeks ago. I was wondering where can I locate a factory Nav system to install in my Armada which was not equipped with one.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
mich05 said:
I have the 04 LE also with leather, Sunroof, Bose sound system. And wished I had the stock NAV also. Will Nissan install it? :clueless:
short answer no.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Navigation

mich05 said:
I have the 04 LE also with leather, Sunroof, Bose sound system. And wished I had the stock NAV also. Will Nissan install it?
igitnya2 said:
I don't know if anybody else has done it, but I am in the process of trying to install the Clarion N.I.C.E. Navigation System in my Armada using the factory navigational dash trim. I got the N.I.C.E. unit on Wednesday and the factory housing should be here in a few days. I love the N.I.C.E. unit so far and I'm hoping it will fit, if not I'll probably just get a bracket made and mount in the dish where the navigation housing should have been. I'll let you all know as soon as I do and post pics of the results. If it works I think it will be just what we have been looking for. Crutchfield sells the N.I.C.E. unit for $1399 but I found it at www.hookedontronics.com for $887 and the dealership is giving me the factory housing for $146. I'll aslo be adding leather to The Beast as soon as they send me the swatch booklet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts