Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Armada. Am I the only one here that tows close to the 9100 LB limit? I tow a 34 foot Keystone Cougar. It weighed in at 9010# fully loaded (7500# empty) for a 2 week vacation in which I towed it over 1200 miles round trip. It towed well and it will tow up any hill (on the interstate) at 60 mph. I use a Reese weight distributing hitch with one Reese sway bar.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Brian S said:
I have a 2005 Armada. Am I the only one here that tows close to the 9100 LB limit? I tow a 34 foot Keystone Cougar. It weighed in at 9010# fully loaded (7500# empty) for a 2 week vacation in which I towed it over 1200 miles round trip. It towed well and it will tow up any hill (on the interstate) at 60 mph. I use a Reese weight distributing hitch with one Reese sway bar.
you are nuts only if you don't have the big tow package :D

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Brian S said:
You're probably overweight, since the max tow capacity is for an unloaded vehicle with a full tank of gas, and a 150# driver. Any addl weight in the vehicle (passengers, gear, etc.), plus the weight of options (the max tow rating is calculated on a base vehicle) will make you over. You also need to worry about Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of the truck alone, your tongue weight alone might be pushing that.

www.rv.net/forums is a great forum to get more information. You'll need to sort through the "if you don't have a 2 ton diesel, you can't tow squat" people, but if you can do that, you'll get some great information. I'd also recommend you get rid of the sway bar and upgrade to a Dual Cam, or an Equal-i-zer brand hitch with integrated sway control. 34' is real long for an Armada.

Good luck!

Keith

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Crosswinds?

Have you towed in any kind of strong crosswinds yet?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Campfamily said:
You're probably overweight, since the max tow capacity is for an unloaded vehicle with a full tank of gas, and a 150# driver. Any addl weight in the vehicle (passengers, gear, etc.), plus the weight of options (the max tow rating is calculated on a base vehicle) will make you over. You also need to worry about Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of the truck alone, your tongue weight alone might be pushing that.

www.rv.net/forums is a great forum to get more information. You'll need to sort through the "if you don't have a 2 ton diesel, you can't tow squat" people, but if you can do that, you'll get some great information. I'd also recommend you get rid of the sway bar and upgrade to a Dual Cam, or an Equal-i-zer brand hitch with integrated sway control. 34' is real long for an Armada.

Good luck!

Keith
Yeah, I won't let the wife pack the entire pantry full of useless food next time. I know there was at least 200# of food that we carried down and carried back. Also we had 1/2 a tank of water. Which we didn't need. My truck is a base model with only the big tow package and 435 # of passengers. All our gear was in the trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.