Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have installed an amp / sub in your Armada I have a couple questions.

How did you run your power from the battery? is there a hole in the firewall to go through? How long of a power cord do you need?

Also did you mount the amp in the rear storage comaprtment under the floor? Does it get to hot down there ???

I wanting to either do a 1 12" sub setup or 2 10" subs, also any comments on your setup

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Hey Pooh

Hola,

I have replaced all the speakers in my doors and run 2 12's off of a Soundstream amp. There are pics at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/547845 of the install.

To answer your questions, there is a very handy hole with a grommet that you can fit 4 ga. power wire through. It's on the driver's side, right near the emergency brake cable. I just enlarged my grommet a little bit (cut it) and it worked like a charm. My amp is installed in the trey area in the very back, and it works fine. There is a metal bracket underneath that you'll have to unbolt, but no big deal. The amp fits just fine in that spot and I haven't had any issues with heat. My crossovers are mounted with the amp as well.

For my box, I'm running a custom downfire with 2 12's that is completely flat on top so I can stack on it. Also my cable is long enough to where I can slide the box back and forth for when I need my 3rd row. I would suggest removing the seats and carpet to run your cables, and while you're in there you might as well dynamat!

The bad thing about replacing speakers in the doors is that you can't use the factory wiring. Yes, it's a pain in the ass to run speaker wiring through the doors, but it can be done with some patience. If you're familiar with doing audio installs you won't have a problem.

Good luck, and post some pics when you're done!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already replaced my factory speakers and head unit ... and I used the factory wiring !

Thanks for the help, I know I could do this install, I did my explorer, however I may just pay someone to do it right and make everything clean. I dont think I would want to be removing seats and stuff

I love that box you got, how does the downfiring box sound? I would like to do something like that but with two tens, does it move around any ? when you brake, accelerate etc?

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Box

The box is sealed, and it sounds great! Way better than the ported box I had in there. It's pretty heavy and I've had no problems with it moving around.

If you're going to do it, might as well get 2 12's- it will sound way better. A sealed box will give you the cleanest bass if that's what you're after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts