Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just picked up a used 2018 Armada on Saturday and it is a nice ride. The down side is that there is no android auto/Apple car play support for it and this has the wife in an absolute tizzy. Her truck had it and really likes using google maps for her daily commute and other drives. We have had Navi style in previous cars, and do not like the interface.

has anyone had any luck getting aftermarket support for adding in auto/car play?

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just picked up a used 2018 Armada on Saturday and it is a nice ride. The down side is that there is no android auto/Apple car play support for it and this has the wife in an absolute tizzy. Her truck had it and really likes using google maps for her daily commute and other drives. We have had Navi style in previous cars, and do not like the interface.

has anyone had any luck getting aftermarket support for adding in auto/car play?

thanks
I’ve been searching for an aftermarket option to add CarPlay or Android Auto and have not had any luck so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have reached out to GROM Audio who has a module for 2017 and older Nissans, they have said they will support 2018 Armadas in “a couple of months” hopefully this will be true as if it isn’t, I’ll be in the dog house...and the wife will start driving my new Jeep...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have reached out to GROM Audio who has a module for 2017 and older Nissans, they have said they will support 2018 Armadas in “a couple of months” hopefully this will be true as if it isn’t, I’ll be in the dog house...and the wife will start driving my new Jeep...
This is probably not helpful, but in the realm of modern and updates for entertainment center - another thread talks about "Phoenix Automotive" providing a Tesla Style technology and engagement interface for vehicles, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com/collections/tesla-style-vertical-screen&ved=2ahUKEwimzNiv2oDnAhXDzlkKHdPiCvUQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0Ucbt4iLnRVsakK2OY3Jzj you can vote on what next model they create fitament for too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can mod the radio unit to be able to display the HDMI inputs while driving, then use a mirroring adapter to display your phone through the front aux port.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
There are a lot of aftermarket android solutions incl. youtube, TV etc. Price about 500$ incl. installation (talking about my local prices)

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
72 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I just ordered mine, I was also informed that it comes in the Woodgrain and not the silver/gray that you see in the pic. Should get it in 2-3 weeks.
please let us know how it went

I installed my PX6 with no luck on audio coming out

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
dont cancel, probably it's some step that we are overseeing
did you have issues with the AC functions not working? I have audio and AC functions but no factory camera integration. I am sending it back.

this really sucks and was hoping to was going to work.

Just finished the install last night of the Rhino Radio. Was able to get it installed and working all around, AC, backup camera and Audio. Now just need to research which app to use to change the layout. Also trying to get Apple CarPlay working. Here is a pic of it installed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
did you have issues with the AC functions not working? I have audio and AC functions but no factory camera integration. I am sending it back.

Just finished the install last night of the Rhino Radio. Was able to get it installed and working all around, AC, backup camera and Audio. Now just need to research which app to use to change the layout. Also trying to get Apple CarPlay working. Here is a pic of it installed.
tell me how you did it, what was I missing, or my technician. I still have it on the box

is there any adapter that is needed for it all to work?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
tell me how you did it, what was I missing, or my technician. I still have it on the box

is there any adapter that is needed for it all to work?
I just used what came with it. I did have to remove the CD player and had to change the settings in the “Install Set” so it was on 2018. By default it was set to 2017 and the cameras didn’t work. Other than that I just hooked up all the harnesses to the factory wiring.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
I just used what came with it. I did have to remove the CD player and had to change the settings in the “Install Set” so it was on 2018. By default it was set to 2017 and the cameras didn’t work. Other than that I just hooked up all the harnesses to the factory wiring.
That’s awesome. Might tell my technician to do that.

Tried Installing it again and no luck

1 - 19 of 19 Posts