Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I know this may sound silly, but where did you buy your plugs? What brand/model?

I changed the starter in our '08 last year and put in new Iridium plugs while I was in there. No CEL or codes, but after the change, we went from averaging around 13.6-13.9 indicated on virtually all tanks of fuel to 11.5-12.5 on all tanks. We've got almost 200k miles on our 4x4. KS roads, but a lot of short trips less than 3 miles.

I hate changing plugs that only have 10k miles or so on them, but I think they may not be genuine plugs or maybe this brand is junk. I did buy via Rock Auto, but they just don't seem quite as good as the old Bosch set.
Now that's interesting. I switched to coppers as part of my first "who knows what the previous owner did or didn't do lately" updates. I don't think Motorcraft, that's what I went in thinking I'd get but they didn't have it. Maybe Autolites. I've had fewer issues with coppers than anything on cars that are spark snobs.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Now that's interesting. I switched to coppers as part of my first "who knows what the previous owner did or didn't do lately" updates. I don't think Motorcraft, that's what I went in thinking I'd get but they didn't have it. Maybe Autolites. I've had fewer issues with coppers than anything on cars that are spark snobs.
I put Autolite Iridium plugs in this last time and the Armada does not like them. I'll be switching back to NGK Iridium or Ruthenium plugs in the very near future.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I must be a bit lucky. 05 2WD with OEM plugs and everything. Has the manifold leak, never bothered with it. Check every tank. Flatlands of Texas. If I drive, 15. If I keep my foot out of it, 17. If mamma drives, 20-21.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts