Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has come up against rival SUV's revving for a challenge? If so what make and outcome of the race? I'm wondering how we would do against Durango Hemi. Don't get me wrong. I don't race anyone since I always have kids in the Mada but still want to know where we stand in the real world and not just articles. I'm sure other owners would like to hear some stories of encounters also. :D

Thanks All,
Kodiecap

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
New 6.0 Escalade tried - three times at a series of stoplights on a four lane highway late at night. He is 0 for 3.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Hemi

I ran a single cab Hemi truck a few weeks back. Sounded like he had an aftermarket exhaust.

He lost.

:)

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Yeah had one the other night.guy in a bmw x5 tried beatin me at a few lights.lost every time i couldnt beleive how easily i walked that thing.finally let him go think he was kinda pissed.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is sooo great.. lol I guess people think if at first you dont succeed, tr..try. again.. hehe It's cool to know that if ever I need to sprint on some hemis and beemers I have a chance..

Thanks,
Kodiecap

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
This kid tried to flex on me in a EXPLORER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The entire fam was packed in the Mada + some gear; wasn't even worth the gas!

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
No, they seem too scared. The only one that tried so far is the Acura SUV. Ate him for lunch.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
freeway race....

I live in Los Angeles area I was going home in the 710 long beach freeway at 80 mph and I pass a 05 mustang I wasn’t racing at all he try to pass me and tat was all he try... after a good 5 miles he gave up I wonnnn lol I was going at 120 mph I think he never is going to try it again with an armada....

I also got for lunch a tahoe and a maxima

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Tien said:
I put v6 badges on mine and race people.
While roaming the dark streets of LA, hunting for Chevy's, I tow a hollowed/gutted out Escalade w/ a sign on the back, "Beat Me, Keep Me", like a lion with his prey between his teeth for all to see. :teeth:

((BS))

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
poison_blood said:
I live in Los Angeles area I was going home in the 710 long beach freeway at 80 mph and I pass a 05 mustang I wasn’t racing at all he try to pass me and tat was all he try... after a good 5 miles he gave up I wonnnn lol I was going at 120 mph I think he never is going to try it again with an armada....

I also got for lunch a tahoe and a maxima
Something ain't right with this post. '05 'Stang is gonna stomp us, so will a good Maxima, and we can't go 120 - sorry but the speed limiter cuts in at around 114. Now the Tahoe - yea, he'll eat dust.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Maybe an '05 V6 mustang, but not the GT. And a Maxima? He must not have been racing.

:)

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Home boy I didnt check what kind of mustang it was for all i know it was an '05 other then that who knows.
If he want receing well alil common sence,if some ones trying to pass you head to head in a stright road, it might be attempting to race.
and...Armada doesnt go up to 120 havent you taken yours to the limit? I was going a bit down hill so maybe that helped.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Hey adjmcloon

by the way are you the drumer of echo filter ??? just pure curosity

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
poison_blood said:
Armada doesnt go up to 120 havent you taken yours to the limit? I was going a bit down hill so maybe that helped.
Yes, I have hit the speed limiter twice. It flutters between 114 and 116 in my truck.

Looking back on it, I'm not really proud of it. The first time was out on the Interstate late at night totally alone. The second time was again on the Interstate, at night, but messing with an F-250 6.0 Superduty diesel with a Banks kit. I don't know what Stage kit he had, but he was proud of it and it did run well. I could pull him in second gear. In third, he could actually gain on me until his speed limiter either cut in or he gave up. If he had more top end, he might have passed me. Those boosted, chipped diesels with free-flow exhausts can be pretty quick.

In hindsight, I think that driving something this heavy that fast on our tires, ain't such a good idea. I think I'll keep anything over 80 for the strip.

BTW, here are Car and Driver's test numbers on the '05 V6 Mustang:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=16&article_id=9028&page_number=2

At best, a good Armada would run it dead even, and maybe pull out 2 mph more in top end. But it would be very, very close. Most Armada times are a few ticks slower that the numbers C&D posted for the 'Stang. And the V-8 would eat us alive, I mean devour us.

We're talking about sub 5 second 0-60's and quarter mile times in the mid 13 second range and a top end over 140:

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0411_hds_mus/index5.html

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Tien said:
I put v6 badges on mine and race people.
Hilarious.... Check out the Durango vs Hemi thread...and then visit the Durango forum where he also posted the question - would love to see some of our folks chime in over there...with the folks challenging the Armada to a race.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
People really don't know that these trucks are that fast. They tend to under estimate its power at a light. When it goes green, they are in the mirror. I'va had freinds in the truck and they are amazed at how fast this beast gets going. What a great engine/transmission combo! Nissan got it right on this truck IMO.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Racing

I was taking my first drive in my armada (with about 70 miles on the odo) and a hemi 4x4 rolled up beside me at a light and took off :eek: . I wasn't even thinking about running him until he did that. I am still taking it easy with 500 miles and I notice lots of ford explorers and expeditions willing to give it a go. I dont even need half throttle to take care of them :cool: . Cant wait until I get 1k miles so I can switch to Mobil 1 Synthetic and see what this thing can really do :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts