Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

any1 experienced paint chips coming off of steering wheel colum-around the controls

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mess 
#1 ·
just noticed a little chip today-I'm sure it'll spread-want to know what people have done for this if experienced

#3 ·
The same thing happened to mine around the radio controls on the steering wheel. When I took it in for service on the brakes last week I asked my service technician about it and he said it shouldn't be doing that. He replaced both sides-the radio control side and the cruise control side even though only the radio side was chipping. Hopefully your dealer will do the same for you.

#4 ·
Haven't seen that. Make sure your keys aren't hitting the dash when you drive.

#5 ·
armadafamilyof4 said:
The same thing happened to mine around the radio controls on the steering wheel. When I took it in for service on the brakes last week I asked my service technician about it and he said it shouldn't be doing that. He replaced both sides-the radio control side and the cruise control side even though only the radio side was chipping. Hopefully your dealer will do the same for you.

Also had this done at 14,000 miles. My 04 had gotten pretty bad before I asked the service guy. No problem with the new one. The color is a little off though, and the texture is slightly rough vs. smooth. Basically, just another cheap plastic part....look around, there are lots of them. It was explained to me that oilly skin can do this . I asked because there is still the original painted plastic around the radio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.