Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Still a newbe here so go easy please... Just out of curiosity. Does anybody here have any problems with their Mada not starting right away?? Maybe its me and I am not making enough effort on turning the key. Shes got 550 miles on her still.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,192 Posts
Armadahajimoto said:
Hey, Still a newbe here so go easy please... Just out of curiosity. Does anybody here have any problems with their Mada not starting right away?? Maybe its me and I am not making enough effort on turning the key. Shes got 550 miles on her still.
None yet! I bought my '06 on 14 January and got 4300 miles with no problems.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BINGO!!!! Thats the problem I am having. So if someone else is having the same then its gotta be the way we start it then. I think what we need to do is listen for the motor to start then back off the key. Have your wify try that.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
kalbo05gixxer said:
Newbie here.

I'm having startup problems with my 06 Armada. It seems that my key starts it up fine, but with my wife's it just cranks and won't turn over. Anyone have this issue possibly with their keys?

It does this all the time? If yes then the car needs to be programmed to the key. Take all of your keys with you otherwise you will all other keys will be erased and not work.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Startup Problem

I have a 2005 Armada purchased in March of 05. I get a cold start hick-up every morning, as if the fuel in the lines dried up and had to be recirculated. The dealer, OF COURSE.. could not duplicate it.. but I know the difference. In the morning, it kind of hickups and coughs, then starts up.. any other time during the day, it fires up without a problem. Guess its nothing harsh, but still.. i like perfection.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
The only starting problem(complete failure to start) I've had was caused by my wireless "fingerprint" security system. The battery was low so I went ahead and changed it. I purchased my 06 Armada November 2005 during the cold winter months here in the Washington D.C. area. On days that it was below freezing, my truck took a couple of more cranks until the engine turned over...but it eventually started. Maybe a battery with a higher cold cranking amperage would help, that is if the other suspects are elliminated; ie key issues.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
If your vehicle sits for a long time without being started the pressure in the fuel system may bleed down. Don't turn the key to "Start" at first; turn it to "On", wait a few seconds, then start. This will allow the fuel pump to build pressure before you start.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
scr38 said:
If your vehicle sits for a long time without being started the pressure in the fuel system may bleed down. Don't turn the key to "Start" at first; turn it to "On", wait a few seconds, then start. This will allow the fuel pump to build pressure before you start.

Good point, I second that!

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
kalbo05gixxer said:
Newbie here.

I'm having startup problems with my 06 Armada. It seems that my key starts it up fine, but with my wife's it just cranks and won't turn over. Anyone have this issue possibly with their keys?
EagerCrow said:
It does this all the time? If yes then the car needs to be programmed to the key. Take all of your keys with you otherwise you will all other keys will be erased and not work.
I want to follow up on this specifically - has anyone found that this has happened to them, where the car will crank just fine, turning the starter and the engine, but it won't catch? Something that would make you think that maybe it's not getting fuel to actually ignite or something?

If so, did it turn out to be a key problem as described above, where it was not programmed to the car? Or in general, has anyone had a problem with the car recognizing your keys? I'm wondering on an issue like this, if it's the vehicle immobilizer feature on the Mada/QX, interfacing with the transponder imbedded in the keys.

I may have information of my own to add to this thread in the next few days, but I need to find some things out first, before I jump ahead of myself.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Madahajimoto said:
I have 27000 miles on mine and it always starts right away....

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wildblue said:
I want to follow up on this specifically - has anyone found that this has happened to them, where the car will crank just fine, turning the starter and the engine, but it won't catch? Something that would make you think that maybe it's not getting fuel to actually ignite or something?

If so, did it turn out to be a key problem as described above, where it was not programmed to the car? Or in general, has anyone had a problem with the car recognizing your keys? I'm wondering on an issue like this, if it's the vehicle immobilizer feature on the Mada/QX, interfacing with the transponder imbedded in the keys.

I may have information of my own to add to this thread in the next few days, but I need to find some things out first, before I jump ahead of myself.
I havent had the problem since I posted this. It did it only two times and having such a new car you think about what you just bought. I hardly drove the SUV at the time for I was on the road alot and the SUV just sat. I did have somebody start it up for about 5 minutes every week though. 2800 actually miles since January of 06. I drive the car now every weekend and some short trips. I know its bad and want to take a long steady trip real soon.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
New Here. This is my first Armada. Its a 2007 Nissan Armada SE. Couple of months ago it starting giving me start up problems. At first I hear a click so I thought it was the starter. How ever after a few minutes I try starting it and it work. Didn't have a problem after that for a couple of weeks. The again, I checked the battery, battery ok. With the battery out of the equation I checked my terminals and cables. Well terminals where a little corroded so I replace them, and my baby was back running. A week ago the problem came back. But this time, I haven't been able to find the problem. Checked the battery again, still good, terminals still good. No check engine lights, no codes. How ever still don't start. Just the same click again. A friend of mine suggested to have the key re-programed, a mechanic friend, think it might be the anti-theft system? Any suggestions? Should I take it to the dealer? Or should I try the two and half hour starter replacing problem and pray starter was the issue? Thank you in advance for your inputs!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
I had this problem in my 07 a few months ago, would click a few times then fire right up no problem. i went through all the probable causes like starter, terminals computer issues but everything pointed back to the battery. bought the biggest battery from Walmart i could get, fitted it and have never had the issue again. hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I had this problem in my 07 a few months ago, would click a few times then fire right up no problem. i went through all the probable causes like starter, terminals computer issues but everything pointed back to the battery. bought the biggest battery from Walmart i could get, fitted it and have never had the issue again. hope this helps.
I will definitely give it a try. I hope it works. Thank you for your input.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.