Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings great 'Mada folks!

I'm curious to know if anyone has changed out the standard side mirrors on their 'Mada to the towing mirrors. Since I do quite a bit of towing, this change would be welcome -- but I'm being told it can't be done. :-(

If you've done this, do you have any pics, suggestions, recommendations...?

I have the power, heat, memory mirrors if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Jim
TX_Mada

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
TX_Mada said:
Greetings great 'Mada folks!

I'm curious to know if anyone has changed out the standard side mirrors on their 'Mada to the towing mirrors. Since I do quite a bit of towing, this change would be welcome -- but I'm being told it can't be done. :-(

If you've done this, do you have any pics, suggestions, recommendations...?

I have the power, heat, memory mirrors if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Jim
TX_Mada
A couple of people on the forum have done this, run a Search and I'll bet you'll find a number of threads on this subject.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
It can be done. I've done it. You just have to find the mirrors that is the equivalent to yours. You'd have to find ones with memory since the clips are different. I switched mine with someone on TT in a parking lot, so it isn't difficult at all.

It's not a great picture, but you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Big Tow Mirrors

I have an LE, with the heated memory mirrors. I purchased the tow mirrors from the Nissan dealer. Make sure the parts guy knows that you need heat and memory if you have those options on your truck. All of the hardware, including a new cover plate that goes on the inside surface of the door (stronger backing plate for the mirror) is included. Instruction sheet covers the whole job, including how to remove the door panel. I don't remember if I paid 375 or 475 for the kit, I just remeber saying "how much? #$%&!".

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!

I'd been given some bad information by my 'Mada dealer..."sorry, the big tow mirrors won't fix your Armada. The pin-outs are different so [they] won't work."

I thought this was wrong and you've proved it!

Fortunately, I have other Nissan dealers in the area and will deal with someone who knows their stuff!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
ARMADAinSMOKE said:
It can be done. I've done it. You just have to find the mirrors that is the equivalent to yours. You'd have to find ones with memory since the clips are different. I switched mine with someone on TT in a parking lot, so it isn't difficult at all.

It's not a great picture, but you get the idea.
The tow mirrors look great, however I have a question regarding the power folding feature on my "06 LE. Does this feature exist for the tow mirrors?

Thanks,

Patrick in FL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.