Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to hear everyones decision on why Armada and not QX56 and vice-versa. I am on the fence right now and am leaning 80% Armada because of $$.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
$$$

It all boiled down to the $$$ there was not enough difference in the QX56 vs the Armada LE to justify the 9K extra price tag. I ended up getting a 4x4 LE version minus the Nav and DVD for 36K vs. the 50K they wanted for a QX56.

I shopped the same on my Wifes Lexus.. the price diff between the Lexus LX470 and the Land Cruiser comparably equipped was only a few grand and the Lexus has a few more creature comforts that made it worth it to us.

Find a loaded with Nav/DVD Armada LE and other than the fake wood trim, the HID headlights and a few minor diffs inside they are identical. I did like the leather and seats in the QX56 better but not for 9K.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Ditto...Infiniti hasn't done enough to distinguish its product from the Armada. Take a look at the Ford Expedition/Lincoln Navigator. Quite a bit of difference in terms of creature comforts, look and ride.

In one of the major magazines (Motor Trend or some such), they tested luxury SUV's and hammered the Infiniti for no different than the Armada and much more expensive.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I have come to the same conclusions as you have. $9,xxx extra for the Infiniti but you really don't get that much difference in vehicles. Better warranty and service, with the Infiniti, but I have had great success with Nissan's in the past and haven't had to use the warranty that much.

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
Might also want to consider service costs, if you get serviced by the dealer. Doubt you will find oil changes for 19.95 at your Infiniti dealer. Of course, if you need to leave your car for a major service, your Nissan dealer probably won't have a loaner for you to use, either.

I chose the Armada, cause the front end of the Infiniti is fugly, in my opinion.

Keith

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Don't make the assumption that Infiniti service is always better than Nissan service. I had a 2003 Pathfinder, and Nissan service really REALLY went the extra mile for me on more than one occaision. It wasn't just the dealer either - I had Nissan corporate calling me every time I took it in for service. They always wanted to know if I was satisfied with the dealer, did I have any problems, bla bla bla.

Believe me - Nissan service is amazing! My Armada is my third new Nissan, and I've had ZERO complaints!

And everyone's right - the QX is nice, but not for $9,000 more. $50k will buy a very nice Armada and .... a boat?!? ;)

Drew

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
I didn't make that assumption (that Infiniti Service was better). I stated that Infiniti service is more expensive, and that you usually did not get a loaner from Nissan, but could from Infiniti.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
kthrash said:
I ended up getting a 4x4 LE version minus the Nav and DVD for 36K vs. the 50K they wanted for a QX56.
Yep - same story here. Plus, there were very few QX56's to choose from on the lots.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Qx56

Granted. the QX56 is more but IS more. We drove both extensively. The 56 is quieter due to double insulated glass and more interior insulation. The ride quality is close but if you drive both and really pay attention is is clear. The leather is better. The options are better...laser cruise control, the display, the head and fog lights. Are these things worth the price difference? Well, I've never bought a new car before and in the grand sceme of things, 10,000 dollars over 5 or 6 years isn't a whole lot more in my opinion. I own a q45 and the quality difference is clear. The Armada is close but the QX56 was better.
Brent

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Qx56

The other thing is that the Armada seems to be more for off roading at least in looks and the QX56 looks more primpy...if thats a word. We almost bought a Hummer just because I thought they looked cool but once inside one of those tanks, there is no room. If you have only 4 people, then it's ok. The other thing is that even at 40,000 dollars, are you really going to be taking your shinny new Armada through the woods. The answer is probably no. They are both (armada and QX56) awsome and a great deal for what you get. One is just a little more refined. But it comes at a price. Is it worth it? Time will tell. I really dont think you can go wrong with either.
Brent barrett

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
One difference I rarely see mentioned is that the QX56 uses premium fuel while the Armada uses regular. Probably not much of an issue to those who can afford either vehicle - but it does add up.

Bill

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
I have been looking and waiting for a good deal to come up for both the armada and the QX. I am struggling to find enough differences between the 2 models to justify the 9K difference. I may end up getting the armada since it has lower base price plus you can get better deals for it.

Also looking at the durango but i think the durango is actually slower than the armada.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I have a Titan not an Armada and I can tell you if the Armada is as fast as my Titan or very close to the same. A Durango wouldn't have a chance. I know.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
It's a close race, but from the extensive reading I've done, the Armada's 0-60 is an avg. of 7.1s, the Titan is at 7.4, and I can't really recall the Durango 'cause I never really payed attention to 'em. I think it was pretty close, but I do know the Armada beat it by a few tenths of a second.. Always found that odd since the Durango is smaller and has the notorious 5.7L Hemi (completely overrated), and also an extra gear I think...

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
OffRoadinArmada said:
It's a close race, but from the extensive reading I've done, the Armada's 0-60 is an avg. of 7.1s, the Titan is at 7.4, and I can't really recall the Durango 'cause I never really payed attention to 'em. I think it was pretty close, but I do know the Armada beat it by a few tenths of a second.. Always found that odd since the Durango is smaller and has the notorious 5.7L Hemi (completely overrated), and also an extra gear I think...
i would think the 0-60 times would be reversed between the Titan and Armada due to weight differences.

I don't think the Hemi is overreated, it's just that the Endurance is underrated.

btw the Duhrango is a 5 speed auto also but from what I have read due to gearing it does make up speed by the 1/4 mile that it loses 0-60 when compared to the Armada

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I would think the difference would be opposite as well. Maybe Nissan did a little tuning in the Armada (it's torque is rated higher, although I just figured that was for marketing).. sometimes it's hard to believe how fast these beasts are while driving 'em.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
What's up Armadites? Consider this my introduction, but the topic is exactly what I am struggling with right now. I was dead set on an Armada, but I decided to check out the Q anyway. I still think I am going with the Armada, but I wanted clarification on the price difference. Can someone give me the MSRP's of similarly equiped vehicles. In other words, how does the price of an Armada LE w/ the Technology Pkg compare to the Infinity. I think Nav is standard on the Infinity, right?

BTW, my name is Greg, and i'm an Armadaholic!

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Armada!

Thinker62 said:
What's up Armadites? Consider this my introduction, but the topic is exactly what I am struggling with right now. I was dead set on an Armada, but I decided to check out the Q anyway. I still think I am going with the Armada, but I wanted clarification on the price difference. Can someone give me the MSRP's of similarly equiped vehicles. In other words, how does the price of an Armada LE w/ the Technology Pkg compare to the Infinity. I think Nav is standard on the Infinity, right?

BTW, my name is Greg, and i'm an Armadaholic!

I went through this deal a few months back, and last saturday, i got a new 2005 smoke le with tech and dvd. To me, both vehicle are pretty much the same with the obvious differeces of an Infiniti badge vs Nissan Batch. The armada is several thoudsans less, and you can at least invoice for the armada as well. You save almost 9k by going with the armada vs QX56. And dont forget the 2% interest for the '05s

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
About this Discussion
114 Replies
52 Participants
Tatonka
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing