Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the torque on the intake manifold bolts for a 2012 armada, changing the starter. thanks

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
The manuals for a 2012 are located here, and that info should be in the "EM.pdf" file (Engine Mechanical), but that section is not there for some reason: Index of /FSM/Armada/2012 Armada

Edit: Oops. I had exhaust manifold on the brain when I posted the torque value.
Hopefully you got it figured out by now.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Intake manifold bolts, torque to 8.3nm.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The manuals for a 2012 are located here, and that info should be in the "EM.pdf" file (Engine Mechanical), but that section is not there for some reason: Index of /FSM/Armada/2012 Armada

You mean the nuts, right? I can tell you that on my 2007 4x4 LE that the torque values appear to be 25 ft lbs and there is a sequence for tightening them... click photos for a larger view.

View attachment 48290

View attachment 48291
No I mean the intake manifold, I am changing the starter but thanks for the link to the manual.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
No I mean the intake manifold, I am changing the starter but thanks for the link to the manual.
Yeah, I realized some time after I had posted that, that I had put info for the exhaust manifold. Sorry bout that. I think Primo has it right though. I read it as 73 inch pounds which equates to just a smidge over 6 ft lbs.

I'm still not sure why the Engine Mechanical portion of the manual is not in that directory though. Both 2012 and 2013 directories are missing it, but they are there for 2011 and 2014. Direct link to the 2011 EM pdf is this: https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Armada/2011/EM.pdf and intake manifold info starts on page 26.

So from the 2011 manual, here's this: (click pics to fullsize them)

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help, I saw in another chart on the internet 73 for the torque and there was a footnote that everything was in ftlbs and knew that was not right but can't argue w/ the diagram 73 in lbs it is, I guess it is only plastic, don't want to crack or distort. I wish the car would not start when I had a step ladder and volt meter in the car along w/ someone to turn the key to crank. I was able to get to the F28 connector coming off the starter solenoid. Knowing I have 12v at that connector would confirm that it is the starter, I have 122k miles on my 2012 so it probably is. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't be thrilled about changing out the starter either.

Here's a great video of doing it on a Titan. He maintains a fleet of like 11 Titans. His videos are first rate. He mentions 7 ft lbs on those bolts at the 13:50 mark.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seen a few vids on the replacement but that was the best although I may disconnect the throttle body from the plenum so I do not have to break into the coolant lines. I have a friend getting me a deal on an oem starter so as soon as I have it I will knock it out. Thanks a bunch

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
I have a friend getting me a deal on an oem starter so as soon as I have it I will knock it out. Thanks a bunch
You're welcome. Hope you have a trouble-free install !

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Easy job! Took about 3 hrs and cleaned a few things along the way. Hopefully it was the starter only time will tell as it did not start infrequently. Nissans are great quality, no frozen bolts, nothing broke from being brittle just remove a bunch of stuff and reinstall a bunch of stuff, not very technical, I feel some of the how to vids made it out to be harder than it was. For anyone not familiar I am talking about replacing the starter. The only thing that got me was even though I started the car w/ the fuel pump fuse out till it died I still had a lot of fuel press and it sprayed all over.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Good to hear and thanks for the update. If you ever need to release fuel pressure in the future, once the engine cuts off with the fuse removed, you still need to crank the engine 2-3xs afterwards.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Easy job! Took about 3 hrs and cleaned a few things along the way...

...I feel some of the how to vids made it out to be harder than it was.
Excellent!

Yeah, that's why I like Aaron Hine's videos. Straightforward, no drama and excellent camera work and commentary.

He has quite a few videos in his library on doing work on Titans and always gives good links in the description to tools and parts that he uses. Definitely worth bookmarking:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts