Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I searched the site but didn't find any reference. My Mada has the sand interior and the carpet is really dirty in areas. I am the second owner and the previous owners kids were kind of rough in a couple areas.

First I wonder if this is possible- will it look good - can it get installed looking like the original? The back is ok (3rd row and hatch area) but the areas in the front and back seat are dirty and not holding hope to get clean with shampoo.

Does the carpet have to be ordered thru Nissan? I would guess it would be pretty costly?

Anyway, if anyone knows about this refirbishment, I would really appreciate knowing where to go and who would install other than the dealer.

Thanks,
RA

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Carpet Cleaner

Before you replace the carpet, try Meguiar's carpet/shampoo cleaner. This stuff works great!!! I've even used it on stains in my home carpet and it got them out. Spend the 6-7 bucks before you spend thousands.........

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
carpet cleaner

After buying the Mada, we had to sell our Suburban. The old Chevy had 6 yrs and 80,000 miles of dirt, spilt chocolate milk, french fries, ketchup, you name it, just ground into the light grey carpet. I sent it to the detailer with very low expectations, he got out EVERYTHING. I am still stunned as to how much they can get out. If the Meguiars doesn't do it, consider an interior detail only. They can spend extra time on the inside if they dont have to do the outside. Good luck! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Its a fairly new vehicle. I'd get it cleaned professionally first if you don't think you can handle it. If that doesn't work, you can get new carpet. Requires you remove seats, consoles, door sills, etc. Lotta work and new carpet isn't cheap. Couple grand to have it done for you easy.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replacing Carpet

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking that I may have to replace it only because the first owners said they had it cleaned but maybe they used a lousy place.
I will certainly try the other methods if it is going to cost thousands to replace.
Has anyone had any issues with the little vinyl strip in the carpet, far left side where your left foot rests on the drivers side? The vinly piece in mine is lifting off and looks bad. Is it a carpet glue that will reapply it?
Thanks for your tips,
RA

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Hmmm....

I'm not sure how you guys are coming up with the thousands of $$ number, but I highly doubt it. I have changed out the carpet in three of my previous cars and it never cost me more then a few hundred bucks. One car I purchased the carpet OEM through the dealer and the other two I have purchased through good third party companies.

However you have to note that I did all the labor myself and the cars were all sports cars and therefore smaller then an Armada. I would say the carpet alone will be around $500 is not less, but if you want to pay a dealer to install it for you....then I'm sure you're screwed at $70-100 dollar an hour rates.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Malik112099 said:
the carpet in the armada is easy as pie to switch out
You sound like you have had experience with this. Did you do it on your Armada?
Although I am a pretty handy gal with tools, I doubt that I would want to take that on myself. Maybe a good detail, modification shop.

A question for those who have the sand/gray color interior - if I did replace the carpet, do you think it would look odd to put in the gray instead of the sand. I wonder sense it has the gray dash and console.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
justayear2004 said:
You sound like you have had experience with this. Did you do it on your Armada?
Although I am a pretty handy gal with tools, I doubt that I would want to take that on myself. Maybe a good detail, modification shop.

A question for those who have the sand/gray color interior - if I did replace the carpet, do you think it would look odd to put in the gray instead of the sand. I wonder sense it has the gray dash and console.
i sound dampened a friend's armada and had to take everything out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts