Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering adding the Infinity Basslink system to my factory Bose system. I've read a few reviews and it seems to be what I'm looking for. :rolleyes:

Specifications
Dimensions (H x W x D): 14-1/2" x 12-1/2" x 8"
MSRP U.S. $: 499.95
Power Output: 200W
Frequency Response (±3dB): 20Hz - 100Hz
Variable Bass EQ: +3dB to -6dB at 45Hz
Variable Electronic Crossover: 70Hz - 100Hz

It also allows control via a bass level controller and if I opt for the optional quick release mounting system it can be easily removed it I need the extra cargo space.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Bass link???

So did you try it if so where did yo uinstall it?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
TopCat said:
I am considering adding the Infinity Basslink system to my factory Bose system. I've read a few reviews and it seems to be what I'm looking for. :rolleyes:

Specifications
Dimensions (H x W x D): 14-1/2" x 12-1/2" x 8"
MSRP U.S. $: 499.95
Power Output: 200W
Frequency Response (±3dB): 20Hz - 100Hz
Variable Bass EQ: +3dB to -6dB at 45Hz
Variable Electronic Crossover: 70Hz - 100Hz

It also allows control via a bass level controller and if I opt for the optional quick release mounting system it can be easily removed it I need the extra cargo space.

Shop around for that Basslink... They are way overpriced when bought at retail stores.. Have seen them around $250 online. I bought one for my VW GTI and it works great (provides the missing bass from the stock systems)

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I have it in my Supra... and it works great... but I think it is not sufficient for the Armada.

Q2H

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I'd contact JL Audio about a stealthbox. I know they were developing one and it should crush the Infinity. Its not on their site but it should be near or ready for retail by now. ;)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Buy from an authorized dealer

I have read quite a bit about this subwoofer on the bmw forums. There have been at least 4 reports of Infinity Basslinks blowing fuses/breaking/having to be replaced. Infinity stands behind the product, but it is MUCH easier to replace if you have purchased it from an Authorized dealer. I DO BELIEVE in buying things online, including E-Bay, but please go with an AUTHORIZED E-Bay vendor for this unit. For whatever it is worth, most of the returned units had issues when both the remote and the "sensing" auto-on feature were used at the same time, plus certain wiring conditions.

A link to this converstation included below, I hope this is cool with our moderator :D

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/82325

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
The basslink is designed specifically for truck cabins. Its nowhere near powerful enough to fill all the space in an Armada. If you don't want to spend that much money your better off buying the two 12" MTX package they sell at places like Circuit City

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
JL Audio Stealthbox

JL Audio just came out with a stealthbox for our madas. It is so new in fact that they dont even have a price for it. I was in my local Good Guys (like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc) on Mon 6/13 and they have the picture in the JL Brochure. I immediately found a saleperson and said "I'll take it" but the prices arent in the system yet. I am calleing JL myself tomorrow to find out when will they be available.

JL fabricates a box to go into the empty storage compartment behind the 3rd row seat on the driver side (Cant get box if you have the power lift gate). They put a 10" w6 subwoofer in there. You have to buy the amp to power. I'm guessing that after everything it will be a grand out the door installed. The picture in the brochure looks sweet, clean install, the sub is flush, no cargo space is taken. Best bass (my opinion), no cargo space taken away, sign me up. I will post pics when I can finally get it installed.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
shaft2k said:
JL Audio just came out with a stealthbox for our madas. It is so new in fact that they dont even have a price for it. I was in my local Good Guys (like Circuit City, Best Buy, etc) on Mon 6/13 and they have the picture in the JL Brochure. I immediately found a saleperson and said "I'll take it" but the prices arent in the system yet. I am calleing JL myself tomorrow to find out when will they be available.

JL fabricates a box to go into the empty storage compartment behind the 3rd row seat on the driver side (Cant get box if you have the power lift gate). They put a 10" w6 subwoofer in there. You have to buy the amp to power. I'm guessing that after everything it will be a grand out the door installed. The picture in the brochure looks sweet, clean install, the sub is flush, no cargo space is taken. Best bass (my opinion), no cargo space taken away, sign me up. I will post pics when I can finally get it installed.
That's the one I was talking about and I'm disappointed they couldn't make it work with the power lift gate as I have one. I'm curious to find out if they will modify it with a new box to fit my rig. As to a Grand, that sounds reasonable. Amp, crossover, box, wiring and labor, this is a reasonable price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts