Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any of you fine folks have purchased or installed a set of these side steps/nerfs?

If so any pics of them mounted?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, no I haven't purchased them as of yet. They were out of stock at the time and I never followed up. Let me know how the install goes. Would love to see pics of finished install.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered them last weekend. Not sure when I will get them everything seems to ship crazy slow now. Once I get them mounted I will post pictures. Really hoping this is the answer between the crappy tube steel steps i have now and factory running boards.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've got the Nfab setup on mine and love it.....

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I have an 13 platinum.
Installing daystar 2" could spacer and strut specify today. Ordered sumitomo 275/6/20 encounter AT tires from walmart at $133 each.

Wanted to put 305/50/20 on. It they cost double the oem size.

Question about the nfab nerf bar with steps. I hat the factory ringing board actually took it off and truck looked so much better. Wife is only 5'4" and freaked out about her step missing. She is on board for the step bars as I have the havoc hs3 on my ram. How do you like the nfab bars?
Does the step have ridges so you dont slip?
Does it mount to factory locations.
It's like $417 for N0469A-TX
Step part look really shallow.
I love theook just dont want to he wife complain every time she climbs into truck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
finally got the app side Armour steps and installed them last night. Install was very simple 1 man job. 3 brackets mounted to frame to support the steps and 3 mounts on the boards to support them. Not sure how rugged but they look good. All it took was a 13 mm socket and ratchet. The torque spec was only 25 ft lbs since they are all aluminum.
20200709_184635.jpg
20200709_184624.jpg
20200709_184610.jpg
20200709_184601.jpg
20200710_151734.jpg

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Armadaooks bad ass. How high is that lift?
What size tires. I am loving it.
The only thing I dont like is the factory air
Damn under front. Looks like it doesn't belong . I do not think it serves any function. Now that your front end is like 2' off the ground.
Oh, yes I like the step bars to.

I just put nfabs on wife's ride. Big beefy 3" Matt black tubes. Looks rugged but steps are a joke. Its is funny to watch her hop out of truck. Nfab steps are short and narrow. Very poor design all looks no function.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Wow. So you need bigger coils then oem.
How does she ride? I can imagine the titanic rolling in a moderate swell with that beast so high in air...

·
Registered
13 Posts
No just need the moog 81085 to stiffen the rear up and then im going to probably ditch the factory air shocks for bilensti shocks. I also have the airbag helpers in the coil springs now so that does make a difference As for the ride its actually pretty good but to be honest at 90 and above under hard acceleration its loos as hell and twice as wobbly.. but at 78 and under its a nice smooth ride.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Oh yes. I did the moog 81085 and bilstein 4600 hd shocks.
If I had to do it all over again I would replace front springs with stiffer springs too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm sorry guys! I've been at sea. I have a slew of shit about to install within the next month.... Full 3" lift (spring and a few other things may make it sit higher.... Stay tuned for that thread....) The n fabs aren't bad. My wife n kids love them. My wife loves how they look. As long as you steady foot on them (level foot and not moving quickly), there's zero issues. My kids messing around have been the only accident.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Subcomms. Radioman.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same to you sir!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts