Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
You would still need to wire in a switch to cut the speed canbus in and ground the ebrake to display the aux in up front.

·
Registered
128 Posts
How difficult is that? Doesn’t sound too bad.
Just take apart the left and right under dash areas, central trim, center console, center controls, and radio. Then wire in the stuff. Then close it all back up. Lol. Yeah, my point is it isnt plug and play and you can find cheaper options on Ebay. Maybe $150 for wireless phone mirroring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just take apart the left and right under dash areas, central trim, center console, center controls, and radio. Then wire in the stuff. Then close it all back up. Lol. Yeah, my point is it isnt plug and play and you can find cheaper options on Ebay. Maybe $150 for wireless phone mirroring.
Thanks for the information, that’s why I came here. Any recommendations for a mirroring device?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
I installed the VLine VL2 Carplay/Android Interface from www.gromaudio.com. Works as advertised and retains all OE steering wheel audio controls. Also plug and play but it does require removing just about everything in the center console, shifter console and glove box to run the wiring harness.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I installed the VLine VL2 Carplay/Android Interface from www.gromaudio.com. Works as advertised and retains all OE steering wheel audio controls. Also plug and play but it does require removing just about everything in the center console, shifter console and glove box to run the wiring harness.
I checked it out, could not find anything for a 2018 Armada. Does the kit require wire cutting?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
No cutting in regards to connecting the wiring harness. The harness is 100% plug and play. They recommend placing the interface module in the glove box (easy access for usb updates). I didn’t like how it takes up all the space because of the wires running to the module so I got creative to mount it underneath the glove box.
I’m not sure of any major differences between the 17 and 18 Y62s but check with GromAudio to see if and when the VL2 might become available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No cutting in regards to connecting the wiring harness. The harness is 100% plug and play. They recommend placing the interface module in the glove box (easy access for usb updates). I didn’t like how it takes up all the space because of the wires running to the module so I got creative to mount it underneath the glove box.
I’m not sure of any major differences between the 17 and 18 Y62s but check with GromAudio to see if and when the VL2 might become available.
Have you had any issues since with your Vline yet?

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
The only issue I've encountered has to do more with my mobile service provider, Tmobile. There is this one particular dead spot in all of NY, actually on the Clearview Expwy in Queens whenever I'm out there. If I'm using Pandora, Amazon Music, iHeart, etc... because my iPhone cuts off for that second or two, then the Vline cuts off. I have to shut off the radio and turn it back on to signal the Vline to turn back on. Otherwise, it functions as if it was OEM since I can still use the audio controls on the steering wheel. I am hoping the next update from Grom Audio makes this a completely wireless setup.

·
Registered
128 Posts
You would be compromising everything with a new head unit. There are other better solutions that use the front aux inputs.

How to disassemble is in the factory manuals posted elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
5,401 Posts
why not go into a local radio shop and see what they can come up with?

sometimes you gotta get out from behind the computer and do some good ol' gumshoe detective work.. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts