Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues with their bluetooth after doing the latest Apple iphone IOS update? My bluetooth now goes in and out constantly. Like every 5-10 seconds which is annoying because that message pops up on my screen every time it loses connection. The car is relatively new, 2020 Armada, but i know that this was also a major update for apple so it doesn't surprise me that it broke something, but i don't know if this is an apple thing to fix,or a nissan or neither,i just live with it.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
106 Posts
I was just reading an article about this. Yes, it is an issue. I have a '21 and was on the road last week when the update came down - maps just kept crashing and pandora/spotify would not connect. It was one of the worst experiences I've had with the infotainment system. It kept dropping the connection and was super frustrating. I restarted the system, updated my phone w/ 14.8, 15.0, then 15.01 (i think) and today, it seems to be working better. But, it's not smooth or flawless by any stretch of the imagination. I think Nissan will need to release an update soon, if they haven't already. The interface between the car and the phone has to be a nightmare to manage...carriers, models, software, connections, signals, etc. I can't imagine...

·
Administrator
6,335 Posts
typical of apple. their ecosystem is walled off and they dont share their information to 3rd parties, so it takes a while for the 3rd party (nissan in this case) to make an update or apple themselves will retrofit and minor fix. this has caused owners of these cars some trouble over the years.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
typical of apple. their ecosystem is walled off and they dont share their information to 3rd parties, so it takes a while for the 3rd party (nissan in this case) to make an update or apple themselves will retrofit and minor fix. this has caused owners of these cars some trouble over the years.
I’m sure you know far more than I do when it comes to tech audio but is it really Apple’s fault or cause of these issues? My wife has a ‘18 LR Discovery and our iPhones 12 & 13 connects seamlessly. Even the aftermarket, plug n play Grom Audio VL2 CarPlay/Android module I installed in my Z62 has no problems connecting to either of the iPhones. Whether the original USB connection and then going completely wireless after Grom’s update, no dropped connections.

I know it’s not just armada owners having these issues. My cousin is dealing with the same frustrations with her newly acquired 21 Rogue. A co-worker with a ‘18 Maxima has been going thru the same issues too.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Administrator
6,335 Posts
the issue is nissan are usually behind on the latest bluetooth stack in the A2DP so they tend to only support trusted, "middle of the road" version of these drivers (the audio streaming side of bluetooth -- which is different from voice only ).

apple do not care about 3rd party compatibility because frankly they don't have to.

other 3rd party vendors (e.g. land rover) are more proactive so they will have the codecs and updates that apple tend to use so handshaking consumer devices to the headunit will be more seamless and less of a headache.

as some may know, nissan are very behind on audio tech in their cars. the dvd infotainment system has been the same since , what, 2006, up until what 2019-2020? so it doesn't surprise me that users with newer devices will encounter problems on these legacy devices.

you are correct its not just nissan -- its other 3rd parties as well.

im an android user and have been since 2008 when it was released and out of all 3 nissan vehicles i have had, i never had any issues out of the myriad of phones ive had paired to them. being that android is open system, they are more easier to be compatible with as they use proven well known specs that are used in many devices.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know how the updates work with Nissan? Ive had cars that do it automagically and others the dealer had to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts