Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are sold on getting an Armada, I'm just not sure when to buy. The dealer said the '06 is coming out in September. Should we wait for that or buy the '05? If we decide to buy the '05, shouldn't we wait anyway? Won't it be cheaper in September? Nissan's rebates end August 1 (2-3% financing or $2000 cash back), so won't the dealers start dumping the '05 soon?? Not sure what to do, thoughts??

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Waiting on the 2006 myself

Good evening Everyone.
I've beening watching this site for a few weeks and I've really enjoyed it. You guys and gurls give great info. I'm waiting to see what the 2006's are going to look like. But If the changes inside are very minor. I'm definitely getting an 05. I've got a question though. If you've got 22's or 24's on your armada. what are you guys doing for a spare?
I hope that's not a stupid question.
glad to finally say hey.

peace

HERO4HIRE2K5

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
the overal tire size should be same as the stock wheels if you go 22's. I think most people trade rubber for chrome, so every inch they lose in rubber they gain in metal. At least I think that is what is happening. mine is that way.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
If you end up with any significant difference in diameter from the stock size (spare) and you get a flat on the front, change it. If its on the rear, I would swap the rear with one from the front and put the spare on the front so both rears are the same diameter and keep it only in 2wd until fixed. If the outside diameter is the same on the aftermarket setup as stock, then it doesn't matter. Just put your spare on.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
HERO4HIRE2K5 said:
Good evening Everyone.
I've beening watching this site for a few weeks and I've really enjoyed it. You guys and gurls give great info. I'm waiting to see what the 2006's are going to look like. But If the changes inside are very minor. I'm definitely getting an 05. I've got a question though. If you've got 22's or 24's on your armada. what are you guys doing for a spare?
I hope that's not a stupid question.
glad to finally say hey.

peace

HERO4HIRE2K5
"06 Shouldn't have too many changes vs. '05 but I haven't seen any specifics yet. I'd get a good deal on an '05. As to spares on 22" or 24" it is a moot question. Rim size is meaningless for determining spares, speedo changes, etc. unless you don't put tires on your rims. The outer diameter of the tires is what dictates if you need to change the spares. So guys using larger rims with tires that match the stock 33" or so outer diameter need to make no changes, however a guy on 18" rims with 37" tires would have problems. IMO I wouldn't go over 22" on our rigs. You can go up to 28" now. Larger than 20" and you loose capability progressively and expodentially to the point where the truck can't even be driven and it is for looks only. And I think they look silly to boot anyway. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts