Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys!

Earlier this year I bought a 2006 Nissan Armada SE, it has around 145K on the odometer. The guy who sold it to me said it had an issue with the fuel pump, and whenever it overheated it failed and it started tugging and lost power.
Got it checked and the fuel pump was in perfect conditions.
The next recommendation was to check the catalytic converters which appeared to be clogged since the exhaust wasn't "blowing" all that much. A friend of mine told me to delete them and install resonators I believe they're called. Again, the tugging and pulling continued only this time with a heck of a noise LOL.
This friday I took it to the shop and got it scanned again, a few codes popped up but none regarding the engine or transmission. So far so good. The mechanic who inspected it told me that sparkplugs needed to be changed as well as oil and fluids (all of the appeared to be in good shape, not to dirty). You guessed... the issue continued and when we took it for a ride, he told me maybe the transmission needed some work.
Today, I took it with the transmission guy, changed oil and whatnot and again... the problem remains.
Tomorrow I'm taking it with the electrician and hope he finds something.
I'll try to attach some vids of the car driving to see if any of you know what the heck is going on.
Thank you guys!

I'll post the Google Drive links below.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Did the shop actually check for the correct fuel pressure? How exactly was the fuel pump checked? The fuel pump assembly in these trucks are inside the tank and there’s only two ways to remove it. Either drop the tank or by accessing the panel cover under the 2nd row driver side seat.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
That’s what happened on my 04 LE when the fuel pump was cutting out at WOT.
Btw, what DTCs are showing up via the scan tool?

Reactions: marctronixx
1 - 4 of 4 Posts