Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
They sell them in chrome and black, I went with the black, it looks like part of the motor!

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
After yet another little old lady almost backed into my truck...while parked and I was honking...I decided to upgrade the stock horn.

I ordered a musket horn from hornblasters and it was worth the extra cost. The horn is all metal, the compressor is decent, and it is pretty loud. A step up from electronic horns but definitely not a proper compressed air horn set up. The cell phone video doesn't do it justice but here is a short clip.

I mounted the horn under/behind the bumper crossbar, pictures below because I can't describe it well. Two 5/16 holes into the crossbar and the horn bolts underneath nicely. From the front of the truck, the horn is not visible and you can only see it when looking under the bumper grille. I then used a small metal bracket to hang the air compressor off one of the radiator mount bolts in the area under the driver's side headlight. Ran a fused power wire from the battery and tapped the lower wire on the horn connector (green with silver dots) for a relay trigger. Grounded it using a small self-tapping screw into the frame (brown circle in the picture with the compressor). I snapped the pictures before wiring but have a 4 post relay mounted above the compressor to provide power.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I need to do this. People not paying attention or thinking a 6,000 lb vehicle is not next to them is beyond me. :rolleyes:

We need Semi horns on cars as many think texting and driving is ok! I live in a state that holding a cellphone while driving is against the law... Yet everyone is doing it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New member here, but I’ve owned my Armada since 2017. No Mods yet, but I exchanged my stock tires for GY Wrangler AT tires and (I think) it looks great, and handles superb in the NE weather and on the beach. In about a month I’m going to install a AFE Momentum intake, a MACH Force-Xp Cat-Back exhaust system, and a aftermarket horn with a toggle switch so I can still use the stock horn. I drive in the northeast and I’m tired of these animals (lol) cutting into the space I’m giving the driver in front of me. I promise to use it sparingly lol. Any event, I was hoping I could reach out to fellow Mada owners that may have installed an electric horn system to gain some insight. One that has been thrown out to me is the WOLO 415 Airsplitter... Model 415 Airsplitter® 12-Volt 120 Decibels 540/660 Hz - Air Horns - Horns
Any thoughts?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts