Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
OBX, thanks for your input. It appears they pulled the proper wire as the voltage gauge is acting quite differently than it did previously. Prior to the service the voltage would fluctuate; normally going down when I accelerated and going up when I would coast. The gauge is now showing a consistent 14-15V, (a little north of the halfway point) only showing slightly lower immediately after start-up (and then only momentarily). No more fluctuations while driving.

The last time the vehicle wouldn't start (after the battery replacement and depinning) I don't believe it was because of a low battery. After attempting to start the truck several times, I opened the driver's door to better hear what was going on under the hood, and the truck started with a very health crank of the starter motor. It sounded absolutely normal.

Having read in other threads that a bad brake switch can be an issue (remember, you have to hold the brake pedal down to start the vehicle), the dealer agreed to replace the switch given that they had on better ideas as to what could be causing the no-starts. So far I have had a software update, new battery, depinning and a new brake switch. Lets see how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the battery changed out 20 months ago. The vehicle only has 32k on it. The other day the car wouldn’t start, i tried 3 times and then it started. But before that like 2 months or so before, one time I tried to start it and was very sluggish and it barely wanted to start and run, until a few seconds and the rpm got to running range.
I place the battery on a charger and it’s been ok for 3 weeks or so. I don’t use the car much at all and 90% of the driving is 15 minutes or less.

Here my question
While I’m driving the voltage gauge on the dash read 13-14.. but when I back off the accelerator it jump up to 16 or so... is that normal?
Is my alternator bad or going bad and that is causing my battery to fail?

·
Administrator
6,335 Posts
this thread will give you some idea on what the issue is.

if your alternator were going bad you would have a battery lamp pop up. if you DO suspect the alternator and/or battery, stop by an autozone or similar store and have them do a quick battery test.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts