Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready for a 3000 mile road trip and I am wondering about the front of the truck on the painted corners. I bought a simple bug screen that ties to the inside of the fender wheel on both sides. But I wonder if it will flap and damage the paint. But I was wondering does anyone have any suggestions on a vinyl bra for the front of my 05 mada LE. I do not want the clear ones (too expensive). I have seen some for the TITAN on the net. Any suggestion would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I have the Colgan Custom bra on my Armada and I love it. The fit and finish is great. I would definatly recommend it. I bought it on the internet, just check around.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
bra

I would second Colgan custom. THere bras are the best. although I dont have one on my armada since I have the clear 3m, I have one on my sienna and on my honda and on my toyota truck. the fit is perfect and you wont get any loos corners flapping or anything. you should be able to get one for about $100.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
You guys might laugh at this but I used painter's tape on my car for long roadtrips. hahaha I know alot of people who do this. Some of them go to car shows and actually drive their cars to san antonio or dallas at times to show their cars. It's really cheap also, painter's tape leave no glue residue either. You must tape from one end to the other. You must not stop or else it'll peel off when you drive. You must also not overlap any of the tape or it will peel off. You have to get the 2" tape though..heh.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Tien said:
You guys might laugh at this but I used painter's tape on my car for long roadtrips. hahaha I know alot of people who do this. Some of them go to car shows and actually drive their cars to san antonio or dallas at times to show their cars. It's really cheap also, painter's tape leave no glue residue either. You must tape from one end to the other. You must not stop or else it'll peel off when you drive. You must also not overlap any of the tape or it will peel off. You have to get the 2" tape though..heh.
I don't want nobody to think I just stole it from the paint shop. :D

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
baseballfanz said:
I don't want nobody to think I just stole it from the paint shop. :D
omg this forum is so great.. i laff so hard with u guys, not at you, with the things u say. im so happy that i found this site :D

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took your advice and ordered a COLGAN bra. When I ordered I was advised that it was on back order so I paid an extra $20 to have a rush order. Instead of waiting 18-30 days I was advised the order would be put ahead of the line and I should receive it in about 10-14 days.
I also plan to leave my NISSAN BUG SHIELD in place but just use the bottom part of the bra to protect the front of the mada. Thanks for the advice on the bra.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Colgan Bra

Roadrunner74 said:
I have the Colgan Custom bra on my Armada and I love it. The fit and finish is great. I would definatly recommend it. I bought it on the internet, just check around.
I ordered a Colgan Custom Bra which has the carbon fiber design for my MADA. I asked for suggestions last month on this site and the Colgan Bra is made really well. I have a questions for the one's that have installed theirs already.

On the bottom of the bra there are two felt padded hooks that go between the chrome bumper and the black skirting under the bumper. They suggest in the instructions to use the shim provided to pry the skirt away from the bumper enough to insert the padded hook on each side. On mine the skirting fits tight so I think I may have to losen a skirting screw on each side to insert the hooks for the bra to keep from damaging the skirt. What did you have to do on yours if you have the Colgan Bra?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts