Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is Nissan offering to settle Lemon Law suits relating to the Armada brake judder issue? I was told Nissan is offering some cash and an extended warranty on the fix. Trying to find out the range of the cash offered.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
art326 said:
What is Nissan offering to settle Lemon Law suits relating to the Armada brake judder issue? I was told Nissan is offering some cash and an extended warranty on the fix. Trying to find out the range of the cash offered.
there is a front brake upgrade consisting of thicker rotors and different pads and calipers in the works. If you do have a successful LL claim Nissan will probably buy back your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I am in the middle of a lemon law claim and so far Nissan has paid one month's note to cover time in the shop. They also installed what they said was the "permanent fix" but it turned out to be b.s. Right now I'm scheduled for May 12th and they're supposed to be sending a Nissan rep to do the actual work on the vehicle.

I have read on some other forums of a few people getting Titans bought back for the brake issue. Honestly at this point with the new parts slowly trickling out I highly doubt you could get a buy-back offer in time. The tactic they used with me (putting the old parts on to bide their time) is to hold everybody off until the parts are available in mass.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
art326 said:
The only "settlement" I have heard of is a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty on any portion of the front brakes, including pads. Pads are not usually covered in your warranty.

Mine has had the rotors turned once (<1000 miles), and pads and rotors replaced twice (4000 and 9000 miles). The final fix appears to have solved the problem, at least for 1000 miles. No judder, better feel through the brakes, and reduced dust on the wheels. We'll see how long it lasts.

It seems Nissan has an endemic problem with front brakes. My Maxima brakes are marginal, and I just read in R&T that the Infiniti G35 suffers from fast front brake wear.

Keith

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Campfamily said:
The only "settlement" I have heard of is a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty on any portion of the front brakes, including pads. Pads are not usually covered in your warranty.

Mine has had the rotors turned once (<1000 miles), and pads and rotors replaced twice (4000 and 9000 miles). The final fix appears to have solved the problem, at least for 1000 miles. No judder, better feel through the brakes, and reduced dust on the wheels. We'll see how long it lasts.

It seems Nissan has an endemic problem with front brakes. My Maxima brakes are marginal, and I just read in R&T that the Infiniti G35 suffers from fast front brake wear.

Keith
our 02 Maxima had its fronts rotors and pads replaced free 3 times up until 36K miles. there was really no mention of warranty, we just calmly argued that this was not an acceptable wear issue.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I thought they fixed these problems on the 05's... Anyone with the 05 have these problems? :hmm:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Campfamily said:

Keith
Yes, G35 has this problem also. Every '04 and probably '03 owner got a notice in the mail for a free brake job. Mine have been fine since. Guess Nissan had a bad maker of pads that they are in the process of dumping.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Yes, G35 has this problem also. Every '04 and probably '03 owner got a notice in the mail for a free brake job. Mine have been fine since. Guess Nissan had a bad maker of pads that they are in the process of dumping.
I never got a notice for my 2004 G35 for a free brake job. Can you tell me where I might reference this info.

By the way 2005 SE, 2000 miles, no brake judder (yet).

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
SocalArmada said:
I thought they fixed these problems on the 05's... Anyone with the 05 have these problems? :hmm:
Yes!!! I am takeing my 2005 Armada LE with 2500 miles in to Nissan tomorow to get the JIDDERS fixed luckily thay have the new parts for all 4 weels well see if it fixs the problam. :mad:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I have a 2005, and the problem started at around 2,000 miles. On this list for the brake upgrade. Its really bad now at 3,600.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Lemon Law

I have sent the deffect notification form to Nissan. They contacted me within 10 days for an appointment for a final chance at fixing brake problem.

NOTE: This is my 4th time replacing brakes with 24K miles
DISC twice

Spoke to the Nissan Rep at the dealer and he said that they would be replacing DISC/ROTORS/CALIPERS/ect.. The new one now have been tested he said upto 12500 miles so far without a problem. This is what they think is the final fix.

If it happens again, Then I will process the actual Lemon law for a new/Cash.

I suggest anyone has a problem just take it to the dealer and make sure you document all problems well.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
My 05 has seen the rotor resurfacing machine 2X now. Once at 4500, the next at 10K.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I have a 2005 Armada SE with 5,000 miles and I love almost everything about it. The best full sized vehicle on the road with the best ride. Why does it seem a lot of the people posting here want to pursue Lemon Law claims - don't they like their Armada (brake problem aside)? Lemon Law only allows to get fair market value minus depreciation/use - not what you owe the bank.
Nissan will fix the problem when they have a good quality fix. Until then, Nissan fully intends to replace brake pads and rotors when necessary at no cost to the vehicle owner - any dealer who tells you otherwise is out of the loop. Nissan cannot afford to have the NTSHA step in so they will no leave you hanging after 36,000 mi is up like some other companies have tried. Expect to replace pads and machine rotors at 3,000 mi and replace rotors and pads at 6,000. Do not upside wheels without purchasing new rotors and pads sized for upgrade (this is required no matter what vehicle you drive, but usually ignored).

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Wrong about Lemon Law

You wrong about the Lemon Law. It is not fair market value. It is the original price of the vehicle plus tax and license plus any intrest paid. Then there is a standard deduction for mileage. I know because I have done it. As far as people loving their vehicles just because its a good looking car with great performance it does not mean that if you got one that is a P.O.S. you should not be able to get your money back. As fas as Nissan and their willingness to admit and fix the problem i'm very unhappy with them. I have yet to get a letter like the ones that have been posted and have been back for breaks 4 times and twice have received new rotors and pads that were sussposed to be the fix to end all fixes. :mad:

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
In California the Lemon Law DOES work. I never sued anyone before, but I got so sick and tired of taking my Armada in for the 'real fix', I decided to look into my rights. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Armada except for the brake problem. I got my Armada right when they came out. So i have been dealing with brake problem for awhile. About 45 days a go I contacted a Lemon Law attorney based in San Diego. Tomorrow I already have an appointment to take my Armada back to the dealership. The lawyer said that the check will go out FedEx tomorrow too. In California, you get all the money back that you spend into your Armada. YOu get your DMV registration (prorated for the unused portion), All of your monthly payments on your loan, your down payment, and all the money you spend on Nissan aftermarket parts.

You just have to provide the attorney with a copy of your bill of sale, receipts for all the times you took it in for the brake problem, receipts for Nissan aftermarket parts installed, a copy of a monthly statement from your loan company, and a copy of DMV registration. I think that was all.

It took Nissan about 25 days to respond to the demands of the lawyer, and they accepted.

I am doing research to see if the newest Armadas have the real brake fix. The lawyer says that they do. I would really like to get another Armada because I really loved it!

I would say that to my surprise, the Lemon Law process was very easy and quick. It is worth it to me because I feel that Nissan should not have led me on for over a year into thinking that my brakes were fixed 'for real this time'. I would have to drive over an hour to get to the dealership everytime I needed to take it in and sometimes it would take up to two weeks to get my truck back. If Nissan would have really given me the fix, I would have never hired an attorney.
NOTE: I have removed the name and contact info for the attorney from this post. This type info is not appropriate to list here.
SCR38, Moderator

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Meyers7j
Looks like I was wrong about the Lemon Law in some states - but not all states are as generous as California. The state of Washington requires arbitration and the buyer has to show the burden of proof during the arbitration hearing. Washington also doesn't allow for attorney fees if Nissan decides to no send a lawyer to challange. You don't know this until the hearing in some instances. I guess my point - if I had enough problems to offset how much I like my Armada, I might persue Lemon.

TooTall,
Nevada does have a Lemon Law - the difference being, Nissan will have 4 attempts to fix the problem before you can initiate a claim. Not sure if there are other roadblocks in that state.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts