Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - :hi: Just new to ClubArmada as I just picked up my Armada last night (SE/4x2/Tow). I know well of brake problems as I made sure that my new Armada had the brake fix installed at the factory BEFORE I bought it. However, :( there is still a brake squeel issue when braking (fwd or rev). Is this common on this SUV when new? Anyone else experience this? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Glad to join the new Club.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I've run into the problem of late. Happened a few thousand miles after the brake fix (at 26k) - so I'm not sure it's related.

Loud squeal. Service rep tried to blame it on service stickers not being removed from the new pads when they were installed. But the problem persists. I'm going to pull the pads, lube them up with anti-squeal on the back, then grease the pins, etc on the calipers.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
ArmadaMike said:
Hey - :hi: Just new to ClubArmada as I just picked up my Armada last night (SE/4x2/Tow). I know well of brake problems as I made sure that my new Armada had the brake fix installed at the factory BEFORE I bought it. However, :( there is still a brake squeel issue when braking (fwd or rev). Is this common on this SUV when new? Anyone else experience this? Your thoughts would be appreciated. Glad to join the new Club.
Give it a couple hundred miles to seat the brake pads. Should wear in and go away. If it doesn't bring it back.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Give it a couple hundred miles to seat the brake pads. Should wear in and go away. If it doesn't bring it back.
Mine have just started squealing, I've got about 3,000 miles on the final brake fix. Only squeals at low speeds, and it's very faint.

Keith

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
The root of the problem is a vibration somewhere in the system. This is why I'm looking at the lube behind the pads and then at the assembly points on the calipers.

Two other sources of brake noise - getting the rust off in the morning in a humid area, or the pads being worn down, which isn't the case here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts