Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question: I tend to have my seat in a fairly reclined position when I drive. The fold down armrest is then in an awkward position (angled up too high). As you know, it has two positions, up and down.

I have seen adjustable angle fold down armrests in the past, but can not remember what kind of car I was in. Has anyone seen anyting like this in the aftermarket?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I have an 04 se offroad and my drivers side arm rest is adjustable. It has five positions. I change the position depending on how reclined I am sitting. My passenger side only has up and down.

Check into it.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
How do you adjust the armrest height? I have an '04 SE as well ,but I haven't seen anything to adjust it. Maybe I missed it?

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
My '04 has ratcheting armrests, they go to the lowest position, then you can adjust them in increments of 1/2" or so for a few inches.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Do you guys have leather or cloth?
Must be cloth. I don't have it with leather. :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
ockevin said:
I have leather with the ratcheting arm rests.

Triple,

Why do you criticize others about cloth interior , just because your Armada doesnt have adjustable arm rests.

Back off your high horse and come back to reality.
I wasn't. I just thought they must be on the cloth because my leather ones don't have that. Sorry if you confused my assumption wth a high horse. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
Adjustable armrests:

As I have stated a time or two,

Read the manual!
See attachment from Owners Manual:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright (smart guy)..

I am looking at my manual...I see the illustration on 1-10 of the manual (that you posted). Mine only shows the "A" stowed, and "B" resting position. The rest of the text in your illustration is not there. I am having a hard time believing that the 05 LE does not have the same (seemingly upgraded) feature that one guy's SE does.

As a new owner, I am enjoying this forum. I was particularly jazzed when I read about the front end shimmy (at 70mph) problem that many have experienced. I felt it leaving the dealer, but chalked it up to a minor wheel imbalance, which I dismissed because I was putting on rims in a week. I guess I have visits to my service advisor in my future.

I have not sold the X5 yet.....

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
scr38 said:
Adjustable armrests:

As I have stated a time or two,

Read the manual!
See attachment from Owners Manual:
Ahh, if so equipped. Doesn't state what equipment package equips this with. Also is this an '04 or does it apply to '05 as well? I'd like to get one if possible. ;)

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mod for armrest issue..

I could not take it anymore. I had always liked the "captains chairs" in Chevy Tahoes (but that was about all I liked in that ).

Today, I pulled off my driver side armrest (one bolt) and had a look at the inside. I did not go crazy and take pics of this process, but wanted to let the option be known.

If you look inside, it's obvious that what makes the rest stop on the way down is a slot in the metal. By enlarging the slot by 1/4" (grinding the metal so the slot is longer), it will allow the armrest to <a href="http://go-advertising.com?go=travel" onmouseover="window.status = 'goto: travel';return 1" onmouseout="window.status=''">travel</a> further (lower) when it is reinstalled.

DISCLAIMER: This solution is not for everyone! The rest will ALWAYS <a href="http://0-2u.com?go=travel" onmouseover="window.status = 'goto: travel';return 1" onmouseout="window.status=''">travel</a> that low after doing this, so if your wife (or you) decide to drive in a more upright position, you will have a low armrest. It worked for me cause I always kick back when I drive.

Hope this helps someone.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Say What

This is weird, I have a 04 LE without any of the big dollar packages and my truck has the adjustable armrest. LE upgrade and mats, filter and mud flaps, thats it.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are the second one I have heard from...

with an 04 with adjustable armrests.

I have been to Infiniti and Nissan parts guys and they have NO idea what I am talking about. They do not exist, nor have they ever. They HAVE to be available somewhere..

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
If I sit up I would need the arm rest to be about 3" higher to be of any use, I am looking into the Infinity cover but I am not sure it is high enough either. I am 6' 2", I need the arm rest to raise up and down not recline.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Cillyone said:
This is weird, I have a 04 LE without any of the big dollar packages and my truck has the adjustable armrest. LE upgrade and mats, filter and mud flaps, thats it.
Hmmm. Strange. I guess maybe they had them in '04 and discontinued them in '05? I'll have to see if I can locate an old '04 one somewhere. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I have the 04 LE leather with the ratcheting armrest

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I used to have an o4 LE, it had adjustable armrest, I now have an 05 LE, it does NOT have the adjustable armrest. I asked the dealer he said they got a lot of complaints about how they worked and discontinued them in 05.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts