Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the JDM Armada has HID's. I am trying to get HID lights on my Armada, but I am getting no where fast. I was going to retrofit the stock headlights, but I am not to sure I want to do that. I heard that HID aftermarket kits suck too :mad: I just wish that the infinity QX56 headlights where the same as the Armada. That way I could just swap them out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
98 Posts
!arni! said:
Does anyone know if the JDM Armada has HID's. I am trying to get HID lights on my Armada, but I am getting no where fast. I was going to retrofit the stock headlights, but I am not to sure I want to do that. I heard that HID aftermarket kits suck too :mad: I just wish that the infinity QX56 headlights where the same as the Armada. That way I could just swap them out.
Haaaa you are a riot. JDM = Japan Domestic Market if you've done any research on the Armada you will know it's a NADM only vehicle and thus what you see is what you get. Best you'll be able to do is put a set of retrofit HIDs in there which will run about $300-400 and since the reflector is incorrect it won't really help much as far as actually getting more light.

-mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
well thats only half true. your right about it only being nadm, but the reflector housing is just fine if you get the right HID bulb for it. there are 2 different HID bulbs themselves D2R and D2S. Most retrorfit kits come with D2R bulbs that are for reflector housings, but the D2S bulbs have a metal band around part of the bulb (they are used in projector housings) but since the metal band is there it makes the light beam narrow and it will light more like it should in non HID reflector housings. So when buying a kit ask to see if you can get it with D2S bulbs instead of D2R bulbs.

Paisan said:
Haaaa you are a riot. JDM = Japan Domestic Market if you've done any research on the Armada you will know it's a NADM only vehicle and thus what you see is what you get. Best you'll be able to do is put a set of retrofit HIDs in there which will run about $300-400 and since the reflector is incorrect it won't really help much as far as actually getting more light.

-mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, thanks for the info. I am going to buy some in the next couple of weeks. I wasn't sure about the "what you see is what you get" part. Can you expalin it to me a little better. Thanks Guys
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
By the way Piasan, I know what JDM means. If you would have understood the question you might have been able to answer it a little bit better. Let me give you some info. Sometimes in other countries vehicles are made different. Why? Well maybe for some reason that I don't know of. California might have a law about these types of lights that forbid them on the Armada. Maybe because of how high the light housing is. It could be to high for on-comming traffic. The QX 56 has the lights lower. Almost at the same height of a car. Maybe in other countries this might not matter, so they might manufacture the same car, but with HID's. GET MY POINT!!! If this is the case then I could get my hands on these parts and just install them. That is why I asked that question. I did do my homework. LOL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
98 Posts
2ndGlance said:
well thats only half true. your right about it only being nadm, but the reflector housing is just fine if you get the right HID bulb for it. there are 2 different HID bulbs themselves D2R and D2S. Most retrorfit kits come with D2R bulbs that are for reflector housings, but the D2S bulbs have a metal band around part of the bulb (they are used in projector housings) but since the metal band is there it makes the light beam narrow and it will light more like it should in non HID reflector housings. So when buying a kit ask to see if you can get it with D2S bulbs instead of D2R bulbs.
Yes they are BETTER, but they are still not going to be nearly as good as getting a set of dedicated driving lights on there coupled with a quality Halogen bulb in the stock housing. Of course if it's all for the "look" then just get those blue coated bulbs. But if you want real light for seeing things in the dark, go for a set of driving lights. I use a set of Hella 4000s on my Trooper and they light up the road like Atlanta on Fire. On my cars I use Hella Micro DE HID projector beams. Not sure what I will put on the Armada when I get it, most likely a set of Hella 4000 HIDs.

-mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
98 Posts
!arni! said:
By the way Piasan, I know what JDM means. If you would have understood the question you might have been able to answer it a little bit better. Let me give you some info. Sometimes in other countries vehicles are made different. Why? Well maybe for some reason that I don't know of. California might have a law about these types of lights that forbid them on the Armada. Maybe because of how high the light housing is. It could be to high for on-comming traffic. The QX 56 has the lights lower. Almost at the same height of a car. Maybe in other countries this might not matter, so they might manufacture the same car, but with HID's. GET MY POINT!!! If this is the case then I could get my hands on these parts and just install them. That is why I asked that question. I did do my homework. LOL

Well the Armada however is NOT offered for sale outside the North American Market. Had you done a search you would have known this since there are no such things as JDM, EDM, or NZDM versions of the Armada! I found this out in searching for replacement Bull-bar Bumpers for the Armada. So basically what we get here is all there is, no overseas versions are out there....

-mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
Hey, I am a new member and I have an HID 6000K conversion on my 05' Armada. The bulb application for the Armada is a 9006 low beam and 9005 high beam. If interested I can post some picutres of the kit and how it looks on the Aramada. It is plug and play unit, the ballast and igniter is one unit instead of two seperate units like most other kits.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
910 Posts
Sound great...what brand, where did you get it, and how much?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
248 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Sound great...what brand, where did you get it, and how much?

x2....lets see some pics!


I'm just worried about glare. The stock ones are bad enough.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6 Posts
The brand is CEBT. I am a importer part-time. Kit comes with one year warranty. One of my largest vedor is Champion Toyota(Houston,TX). They retail the kit for $330-$350 plus shipping. The kit can be purchase thru Champion or me. If there is a interest for a group buy (at least 10 kits or more), I can do better on price. I will post pics tonight. Any tips on where I can post pics for viewing?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
I would be intrested in a group buy. :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
165 Posts
Im in on the group buy also. rather than 150-200 bucks on a fog kit. just spend a couple more for the HID. You say 30 min install. Do you have instructions on how to do that?

How much are we looking at if there is a group buy of 10 or more people. Maybe the price will incourage people to consider if they know. I mean I hear a lot of people talking about the fog lights but if we can get a HID unit for a decent price then I'm really interested. I'm interested regardless but of coarse saving money would be helpful. I just hope I can do it myself and its as easy as you make it sound. Let me know if I can get a set for decent price. I cant wait around for people to go on a group buy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13 Posts
What's your opinion on these?

SilvrMada05 said:
The brand is CEBT. I am a importer part-time. Kit comes with one year warranty. One of my largest vedor is Champion Toyota(Houston,TX). They retail the kit for $330-$350 plus shipping. The kit can be purchase thru Champion or me. If there is a interest for a group buy (at least 10 kits or more), I can do better on price. I will post pics tonight. Any tips on where I can post pics for viewing?
I'm new on this forum and have read much of the comments - thanks to all who have contributed. I was looking at these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7969596888&category=36476 any thoughts/comments? The ad says it has a 30-day warranty and should last about 400 hours???
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top