Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Baltimore / Wash DC area and I am actively looking for a full size SUV. To date the Armada seems to have everything I am looking for, good looks, loads of room, great tech package, etc. However, I have been reading in the Edmunds forums that there are some serious brake and fit and finish problems with the Armada. Are these being overblown? Am I just hearing the whiners? What do you guys think?

If I decide to go with Armada, has anyone dealt with an especially good dealer between Baltimore and DC?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Bottom Line -- I think the Armada outperforms every other SUV in this category. I used Sheehy Nissan in Glen Burnie - I've been pretty happy with them thus far.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
jjwhelan said:
I live in the Baltimore / Wash DC area and I am actively looking for a full size SUV. To date the Armada seems to have everything I am looking for, good looks, loads of room, great tech package, etc. However, I have been reading in the Edmunds forums that there are some serious brake and fit and finish problems with the Armada. Are these being overblown? Am I just hearing the whiners? What do you guys think?

If I decide to go with Armada, has anyone dealt with an especially good dealer between Baltimore and DC?
05s have better Fit and Finish. Brakes will be upgraded in April.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
jjwhelan said:

2004 problems. No more fit, finish, rattle, etc. All fixed. Also, now we have available backup camera and new brakes on the way. I looked heavily at: H2, Yukon Denali XL, Escalade, Navigator, Sequoia, and some pickups. Test drives, pricing, fit and finish, etc. The Armada fits me because: Sequoia isn't full size. My '95 Grand Cherokee had the same tow rating. GM stuff wasn't built as well, cost more, slower, and except for the Yukon, I didn't care for the looks. H2 was too small interior wise. Ford was a dog and cost more. Nissan was the fastest in the class, towed as much as any others, most ground clearance, and I like the interior. Saved a few bucks to boot and now I can kick the tails of all the above, and my buddies BMW 325 also. ;)

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
No news like bad news

I for one have had very few problems with my Armada. No brake trouble, no steering shimmy, no rattles, I am bringing it to the dealer for the first time ever in 11 months for the radio TSB next week. My biggest complaint is mpg, but you have to pay to tow. You only hear about problems at forums, very few people talking about trouble free operation. I tow a heavy toybox and a tandem utility trailer a lot, and still no brake problems.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I just picked up my '05 LE this weekend and love it. I ordered the vehicle six weeks ago and was worried after reading about the rattle and brake problems. So far I love it. No rattles, shimmy or brake problems altough it's way early. My dealer has been great so far.

I spent alot of time researching the vehicle comparing to Sequoia, Tahoe, etc. Better quality than Tahoe, Expedition, cheaper and more features compared to Sequoia. Toyata has it's problems as well.

I have the LE with the Tech. package and am really enjoying it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts