Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who or if there is a lowering kit for the Armada?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The kit for the Titan won't be the same as the Armada because of the Armada's independent rear supension.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
They don't make one, thankfully. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
92TripleBlack said:
Aw come on I just need to drop it a couple inches to fill up the wheel wells. I put 305/40/22's on it and there is a big gap in the rear. I guess I will trade them out for 305/45/22's like everyone told me to do in the first place.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I saw a Armada about a month ago that was lowered a couple inches all around. I didn't have a chance to ask the guy how much and his wheel size. But it looked great. I am guessing about 2 inches up front and 3" in back. 22" wheels with 305/45/22's

I wish I asked him if he had any problems with tire clearance and alignment.

I don't know enough about Armada suspension to figure out if I want to try it. 22" tires run over $1,000 a set and if the alignment is off, that's a lot of money to spend on tires.

The guy had a "310" license plate frame. http://www.310motoring.com/

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I changed my mind. First there are no lowering kits available, plus I have the LE 4X4 and lowering a 4WD is ill advised I am told. I just put 305/45/22 on my Armada and it rides fine with no clearance problems. I am installing the bug gaurd, new grill and Volant CAI this weekend. I will finally post pics when it is complete.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
Nice. Actually since these folks who want to lower them and put on like 22" are basically ghetto-izing them, there shouldn't be a problem lowering it the old fashioned ghetto way. Remove the springs, and cut them and replace....

:)

-mike

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Don't think you'd see too many $40k+ Armada LE on 22's in the Ghetto!
Come on guys, just because it's a SUV, doesn't mean you can't have some fun with it. I've seen, well, one Armada that was lowered and it looked really good.
As long as you don't just cut the springs or put clamps on 'em, lowering the center of gravity is not a bad idea. More aerodynamic, corner better, and looks clean.
I know in off road clubs and 4WD vehicles, it doesn't make too much sense.

But let's see you guys put 8 people in a Corvette or WRX!

Armada's short and tall, it's all good. :)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
andy said:
I don't know about that, see plenty escalades rollin on 22's and bass thumpin......
:D

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
llajumpvid said:
I don't know about that, see plenty escalades rollin on 22's and bass thumpin......
True, you gotta wonder about that?.....I see 20 yr old guys driving CL600's, Ferrari 360 Modena's, and Brand New Range Rovers around my area. I'm not in the ghetto, but it's not Beverly Hills either.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
andy said:
True, you gotta wonder about that?.....I see 20 yr old guys driving CL600's, Ferrari 360 Modena's, and Brand New Range Rovers around my area. I'm not in the ghetto, but it's not Beverly Hills either.
Posers I suspect.
I figure either they live in a box under the bridge so they can afford the vehicle or the police are out looking for it:)

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I'm with you Andy..if I could lower mine just a little bit without losing ride quality (not that the Armada has a great ride, mind you hehe) I'd probably go for it. I'm not going offroad with it- I use it to haul people and a cargo trailer. I wonder how it would work with the load leveling suspension though? It'd have to be a well tested kit before I think I'd commit..

Hey Lonnie- that's funny! I've rolled by a couple of places in the hood on my way to work and I see Escalades parked in front of houses on piers that shift with the wind. :)

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
adjmcloon said:
I'm with you Andy..if I could lower mine just a little bit without losing ride quality (not that the Armada has a great ride, mind you hehe) I'd probably go for it. I'm not going offroad with it- I use it to haul people and a cargo trailer. I wonder how it would work with the load leveling suspension though? It'd have to be a well tested kit before I think I'd commit..
The rear of my Armada was sitting a little high. Look at this post on how to lower it:
http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
llajumpvid said:
I actually have a friend with an apartment complex in a ghetto part of LA. His renters are all on Section 8, but a few of them have Escalades or Navigators on 22's or 24's with stereo systems of course.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
andy said:
Come on guys, just because it's a SUV, doesn't mean you can't have some fun with it. I've seen, well, one Armada that was lowered and it looked really good.
As long as you don't just cut the springs or put clamps on 'em, lowering the center of gravity is not a bad idea. More aerodynamic, corner better, and looks clean.
I know in off road clubs and 4WD vehicles, it doesn't make too much sense.

But let's see you guys put 8 people in a Corvette or WRX!

Armada's short and tall, it's all good. :)

You are right, the armada is way way too cheap for the hood. Up in Harlem and the Ghetto here in NYC I only see Escalades, G-wagens, Navigators, and the "premium" $55K+ rides, not a Nissan.

-mike

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Not to start a war here, but....

If you need to carry people, you do realize that there is a thing called a van, or a mini-van or a mid-size van out there that would exceed the capabilities of an SUV any day of the week right? Heck you can even get the full-size GMC Vans with AWD....

-mike

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
The Hood, No Matter Bad or Worst, Comes First

Don't hate on the Ghetto. Most popular trends, in one-way or another, were born in the "ghetto".

The subs are always two years behind. 26''/28'' rims are common in the hood, while the burb's are playing with 20''/22''/24'', and in two year,,,, well u know. Plus not all urban cats in Caddies & Nav's are thuggin, riding around in stolen cars, living on section 8. Most of us work very hard, against all odds, to scrape up the little bit we have. Then u have ppl that blow their money on foolish items while not having a pot to piss in: in Your Town, USA. Earlier this year during the massive floods in Cali, this trailer park was overran by floodwater, and this lady Escalade was totaled! Trailer Park > Escalade :eek:

Plus, I could never figure out why someone would lift their truck 4', add some big ass tractor tires, and a 5' ladder just to get in the cabin ( All w/ no intentions of going off road). yeeee haaaaaaa bubba :thumbup:
:

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Marcellaus said:
Don't hate on the Ghetto. Most popular trends, in one-way or another, were born in the "ghetto".

The subs are always two years behind. 26''/28'' rims are common in the hood, while the burb's are playing with 20''/22''/24'', and in two year,,,, well u know. Plus not all urban cats in Caddies & Nav's are thuggin, riding around in stolen cars, living on section 8. Most of us work very hard, against all odds, to scrape up the little bit we have. Then u have ppl that blow their money on foolish items while not having a pot to piss in: in Your Town, USA. Earlier this year during the massive floods in Cali, this trailer park was overran by floodwater, and this lady Escalade was totaled! Trailer Park > Escalade :eek:

Plus, I could never figure out why someone would lift their truck 4', add some big ass tractor tires, and a 5' ladder just to get in the cabin ( All w/ no intentions of going off road). yeeee haaaaaaa bubba :thumbup:
:
Yup those rednecks are just as guilty as the hoodies!

But hey I guess that's the great thing about America, people can do things like that and we can disagree and rip on em! :)

-mike

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Marcellaus said:
Plus not all urban cats in Caddies & Nav's are thuggin, riding around in stolen cars, living on section 8. Most of us work very hard, against all odds, to scrape up the little bit we have. Then u have ppl that blow their money on foolish items while not having a pot to piss in: in Your Town, USA.
Wouldnt the people in the hood be spending there money on foolish items? Why not save the money they "worked" so "hard" for and buy a house, but instead most likely lease an expensive truck. So they rent an apartment, lease a truck, but they have a pot to piss in?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts