Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or does the Armada have a harder ride. I mean I can feel every bump and vibration in the road. When I hit a bump in the road, it affects the whole truck. My Titan was a softer, smoother ride. I dont have the off road pkg. Any thoughts?!

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
The Armada's wheelbase is quite a bit shorter than the Titan. That could cause a difference in ride. Also if the tire pressure is more it would cause a harder ride.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Tire Pressure?

My car came from the factory with 44psi cold in those tires. Dropping it to 35 made a big difference. The Titan has a rear axle? Independent rear suspension, you might "feel" more?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Oh man....oooohhhh....wwweeeeeeezzzzzzeeeerrrrrr

Hun....what were you saying about my Titan....someting about being below the Armada.... HAAAAHHHAAAA!!!

That's right...Titan....the Cadi of Nissan!!!

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Um, what? Cadi of Nissan Rossi. You mean you haul around my golf clubs.. :teeth:
Take care,
Syko

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I'm NOT listening....LA, LA, LA, DA, DA, DEE, DEE, DO, LA, LA, DEE! :nana:

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
There you go with that tongue action again....

Oh..better watch out...since your famous and all now you may have boddy guards!!! :D

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
My Armada came with Continental tires. Crap. Titans have Goodyears. Crap but probably different feeling and may be a big difference. Remember, Armada does have an independent rear suspension. This should make it smoother than the Titan. My guess is its a tire issue. I replaced my tires with setup in sig, got smoother quieter ride and much better handling. I also have less rubber and more aggressive tread than stock so you would think the opposite. I keep the pressure at 38 PSI and don't feel speed bumps most of the time.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
In independent reviews, the Armada was said to have a "stiff" ride.

That being said, I agree that it's as much a tire issue as anything else.

The Michelin Cross Terrains I put on made a big difference. The difference at speed is like day and night, and now with about 3k on the CTs, the difference at all speeds and bump sizes is becoming more evident. I didn't know tires could have a "break-in" period, but as the miles pile up, the ride is getting even better. You do not feel "every bump and vibration in the road".

I put 600 miles on this week-end in the mountains by myself and concentrated on the ride under different conditions. My conclusion was that there is now nothing irritating about the ride left, and it is smooth enough that you forget about it. Handling has also improved. As I said in another post, running 80-90mph now feels like what running 50-60 used to.

Don't get me wrong. Hit some really rough stuff or a big pot hole, and you will feel it more than in your Caddy or Mercedes. But, hey, it's a truck and finally I'm happy with the ride.

Allen

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
It all depends on what kind of tires you have on your rig, bc i know that my titan has a smoooooooothe ride, but then again my friend has an armada, with almost the same kinda rims/tires and its the same kinda ride, but i heard with the normal stock tires its a bumpy ride especially if you are sitting in the 3rd row!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts