Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
doh!

Oh my god! I think I found my next addiction. I didn't think it was feasable with independant rear suspension.
I'm not sure how many jobs I will have to have, but I think McDonalds is hiring.
In the great words of Jay (Jay and Silent Bob):
"I think I filled the cup"

Syko :2cool:

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I'm sorry, but as an off-roader I just don't get this at all.

I don't see how that thing would get out of the parking lot without blowing out the diffs, axles, etc. Does anyone have any idea what the rotational forces are on the drive train when 40 inch tires are turning, or how much torque it takes to move them?

And then there's the issue of what such skinny sidewalls would do when you air those tires down to around 12-15 lbs. which is necessary to work properly off-road?

Sorry to be a doubting Thomas, but to develop this topic some others and I have a couple posts here:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22706&page=1&pp=15

Each to his own, but to me this is a very expensive toy with no practical use.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Armada said:
....this is a very expensive toy with no practical use.
but it looks cool :D . I wonder how the VDC works with the center of gravity moved up a good foot or so?

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
lol

I think that it’s only for show use only. Or for a good show off drive and pick up some girls lol.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Good point there poison_blood. Finally a use that makes sense: No disrespect to the ladies who frequent this board, but I can see how we guys might find the view interesting when one of those girls wearing a skirt tried to get into the truck!

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I think it's pretty damn cool looking. Maybe not practical but come on, how many of us with 22"+ wheels or CAI or 25 LCD monitors in the car are doing it for practicality.
It's all for fun.
Now that we've seen the Monster Truck Armada, anyone have some pictures of a slammed armada? It would be cool to see an Armada dropped 8" scrapping the bottom on the road.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Yep, I agree. It's all for fun.
Would I want it, yes. Would it be practical for what I want it for, no. The Armadas are off road capable in their stock form more so than the high center of gravity of that beast.
Now, if you are talking about Karma for that.... :temphot:

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Ditto Sir

Armada said:
I'm sorry, but as an off-roader I just don't get this at all.

I don't see how that thing would get out of the parking lot without blowing out the diffs, axles, etc. Does anyone have any idea what the rotational forces are on the drive train when 40 inch tires are turning, or how much torque it takes to move them?

And then there's the issue of what such skinny sidewalls would do when you air those tires down to around 12-15 lbs. which is necessary to work properly off-road?

Sorry to be a doubting Thomas, but to develop this topic some others and I have a couple posts here:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22706&page=1&pp=15

Each to his own, but to me this is a very expensive toy with no practical use.
The truck is functionally destroyed, it’s a cartoon. Even my 14-year-old son who thinks almost anything is cool, immediately called it really stupid.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Looks pretty mean, sure don't see any Armadas around town that look like that, but the practicality of the vehicle is gone when you do something like that. Plus you gotta be single, cause there ain't no way mama gonna go for that! :D

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Too much. I'd like a good 5" kit that would allow us to get 35" under the fenders, but that's about it. :thumbdown

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I've been considering the purchase of an Armada, however I won't be going the lifted route. My philosophy with the vehicles that I've owned really emphasizes function AND style. I mean, if you're gonna throw 35+ inch tires on a rig, it might as well be able to perform as well:

Grand Cherokee on 37's

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice Jeep! Looks like you're a serious off-roader!

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Sweet ride man!
Reminds me of my Dodge Ram on 38's....

Syko

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
AAMC said:
...I mean, if you're gonna throw 35+ inch tires on a rig, it might as well be able to perform as well:

Grand Cherokee on 37's
Exactly!

That's why I just bought this turd a little while ago. Even as it sits (on ~29's) it'll outperform my armada on just about any non-paved terrain (even with the "make-up brown" fender!). :D :

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Yeah, the Jeep is a lot of fun, and I've been on a lot of trips with it. I wouldn't mind having an old school rig like a Scout, Bronco, or even a CJ. Nice Scout.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I like the lifted look as well. Fun to drive and cruise around. If you got the money anything goes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts