Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2500 miles on my Armada and I am planning to change the rear diff oil. The manual states that I should use 80W-90. However the dealer told me that 05 Armada's should use 75W-140 synthetic according to an updated bulletin. The dealer also told me that Nissan updated the recommended fluid after rear diff heating issues. I also called 1800NISSAN1 and talked to steve who first said to stick with the manual but when I pressed him to get a definitive answer, he confirmed after a while that the dealer indeed was right and the rear diff should use 75W-140 synthetic. He said all 05 Armada's should come with syn 75W-140. One more side note for any of you planning to change the diff oil. The technical manual says to use High performance thread sealant. The OEM one cost over $20 but equivalnet permatex 56521 would cost about $15 -16. Just in case you did'nt notice.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check this out: [url said:
http://www.titantalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8293[/url]
Does that mean we are entitled to a free diff change under warranty? I asked this question from Nissan Customer service but he insisted all 05s came with syn 75W-140.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I believe the '05s did so I don't think we get a free change. I just changed the fluid because I heard the diffs had some type of sealer that sludged after the first few hundred miles and that you should change it out. Even if this isn't the case, I'd like to get any filings out of there as well as the motor up front so I don't have to worry later. ;)

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
What other fluids need to be replaced?

OK - so I follow your discussion about different weights for the diff fluid. And I'm good with changing the engine oil. But this is my first four wheel drive.

What other fluids need to be replaced regularly? Automatic transmission fluid? Front diff? Transfer case? And what is the propeller shaft?

Appreciate any help you can give.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts