Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if anyone has problems driving the Armada and feeling all the road inperfections and bumps; also my steering wheele jurks around when passing over a bum,it's like the shocks or springs aren't doing their thing. I will appriciate any comments? :pullout:

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Its definatlly a different a feel than my old explorer

I think it the ways all are, more like a sports car feel than a big cushy feel

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I experiance the same thing. I think and hope that will go away and or lighten up when I change out the stock tires.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Are you experiencing a rough ride? Mine's smooth. Much smoother than say my G35. I don't even feel speed bumps but a dip will be magnified more due to the size of the mada. I do however have good tires and stock ones stink. As for pulling the wheel, this is part of road feel. If you have too much mechanical support, you loose road feel and the steering feels vague. To little and you approach a heavy wheel. I like the mada's compromise. It is more of a driver's car reminding me of the feel of a high performance car like my G, vette, or a BMW than a Caddie.

So in conclusion, if you feel some bumps, but overall its smooth, its working. If you feel dips, potholes, this is normal. If the wheel feels a little heavier and translates more road feel, this is normal. If it is worse than this, you may have a problem.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Part of it is unsprung weight. Big wheels and tires (even stock) = a lot of weight bouncing around before the springs do their work.
Car and Driver noted this in their big SUV comparison that included the Armada a while back. "choppy" over bumps and irregularities. It is hard to dial in a suspension on a big SUV to be smooth on everything. I'd rather have some chop and the Armada ride than ride like a Yukon any day. The suspension is very good on the open hiway, even on the twisties ( again for the comparative mass here). Although when I get on a 270 degree cloverleaf I feel the lean!
As Tribleblack notes, new tires will do wonders, undoubtedly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts