Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a couple questions about parts on the titan and the armada.
I was wondering about interchangable parts.

First are the front door handles the same.

I was also wondering about the grill. When I was in the dealership they had a titan front billet grill and the sign said not recommended for the armada when I asked why they said it was because the brackets were not quite long enough.
Just curious and thanks for any help

· Premium Member
5,214 Posts
The parts are interchangable between the Armada and the Titan. There are differences in the finish of the handles. All Armadas are chrome, the Titan XEs are painted. I have no idea what the dealer is talking about on the grill. I don't think he does either.

· Premium Member
215 Posts
baseballfanz said:
There have been Armada and Titan drivers swapping front grills all the time so they are identical. The billet grill will work for the Titan or Armada. Alot of interior components are the same also.
Pretty much everything back to the front doors is the same.

One huge powertrain difference, however, is that although the engine and tranny are the same on 4x4's, our transfer case has an "auto" function that lets it automatically shift between 2wd (where it normally is when the switch is in that position) and 4wd when slippage is detected. Titans don't have that.

And another difference is that our rear suspension is independent and our rear axle has articulating half-shafts rather than a live axle. Our diff housing is different, but I think the guts (ring gear, pinion, bearings, etc. are the same). For some reason, something about this seems to have spared us the often sited rear diff failures the Titans are having.

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Well, remember, they have an XE which has a different bumper on the front. If he was looking at an XE specific grille, it might be different. SE and LE Titans are identical though. The door handles are chrome on both and are not different, though again they may be on the XE. Never really checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.