Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
20 Posts
As you can see in my signature, I pull a 28 RS-S - with no problems. Technically, the RV dealer was correct in stating that the wheelbase is too short. Guidelines suggest that you should have 110" for 20' of trailer with 4" of wheelbase for every foot in trailer length after that. So, if you were to use this guidline as gospel, we would be limited to a trailer in the range of 23' - 24'. However, this number really is not set in stone as you need to factor in a good weight distribution/ anti-sway hitch (I swear by the Equal-i-zer). Beyond that, some vehicles just seem to be inherently more stable than others. The Armada has a fairly short distance from the axle to the trailer hitch receiver and the "load leveling" airbags which really solidify the ass end. There are also articles out there that talk out the benefits of independant rear suspension when towing. When you look at the entire picture (and then actually tow something) you see that the Armada is really a pretty decent towing platform.

· Premium Member
20 Posts
I'd definately recommend a good weight distribution / anti-sway set up pulling that kind of weight. The Draw-tite generally gets good reviews from the folks on various camping forums, although I don't personally have any experience with them so cannot really say whether they are good or not. I bought my hitch from RV Supply Warehouse, they had the cheapest price around and shipped it out the same day I ordered it. You can always call the equal-i-zer folks and they will help you determine the best parts for your setup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.