Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
215 Posts
A modest suggestion, Jacob: Does your computer let you send e-mail in both upper and lower case? Some don't, so I'm being careful. But if you can take the cap lock off, it might be helpful. Most people consider all caps to be reserved for very special emphasis. It's like SHOUTING! When used routinely it is considered by some to be a breach of etiquet. I'm sure that was not your intention.

Just a suggestion. I enjoy your posts.

Armada

· Premium Member
215 Posts
Wonderful post, Ymryl. Beautiful rig. Very useful info. I'm towing a 24 ft. equipment trailer loaded with a Kubota 50hp diesel tractor and whatever impliment happens to be attached at the time. The 8 ft. multigang disc is the heaviest. Tractor tires are filled with water for traction and stability, so it's pretty heavy. Total weight is about 8,000 lbs.

I only tow short distances, so I have not been using an equalzing hitch. The Prodigy brake controller is the way to go and I love mine. While I'm not having any stability problem with the short tows, you have me thinking about the Equal-i-zer. I was just about to buy a Draw-Tite, but will rethink that.

Here is an interesting article I found about how well our Armadas do in towing boats weighing close to 8,000 lbs.:

http://www.trailerboats.com/site_page_1483/article_page_278.cfm

It pretty much confirms our experiences. The independent rear suspension is great and those airbags on the shocks do a great job of leveling things out, but I don't have a lot of suspension travel left with the trailer attached. I have not measured tongue weight, but probably should do so.

· Premium Member
215 Posts
JACOB said:
do any of you know how to set up the Prodigy brake controllers calabrasion the rv dealer sead that it had to be calabrated and thay installed it so if i move it should I recalabrate it?? if yes how do I??
The dealer probably threw the owners manual away when they installed it for you. Go to the Prodigy web site below and on the right side of the page you will see several downloads, one is for the owners manual with complete calibration instructions:

http://www.tekonsha.com/prodig.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.