Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I would really appreciate your expert comments on Armada vs QX56. (such as any advantages, better/additional feature, likes/dislike etc.)

Trying to see which one would be better choice...

Thank you for your comments. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76
QX is an LE and has these additional major differences:
HIDs
Upgraded Leather
Smart Cruise option
Chrome stuff
Wood stuff
Different front end
Fender flares
LED tailights
2nd row heated seats
Extended warranty standard

That's about it.
BTW, the claim it has more HP an TQ is bogus. Drivetrain is the same. They just test with and without super to get the different numbers. The ECU is intelligent and adjusts the timing to match the octane of the gas to maximize power and economy.

I was torn between the two as I have a G35 and like the interior. I just couldn't bring myself to get it, especially since I jump into the seats with shorts wet with salt water when I jetski. I also like the look of the armada more but that's personal. You will like whichever you get. I'd get the best deal. ;)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Get the LE 4x4

I just bought an 06 Armada LE 4x4 w/ Tech package. I looked hard at the QX but it looked to stodgy whereas the Armada looked more aggressive. For about $8K less than a std RWD QX56, I got a loaded LE with 4x4. THe only option you need is the Tech pkg. The DVD is over priced and you can get much more for the money with aftermarket. I recc visualogic headrest LCD screens. I also added a wood dash kit to enhance the interior. As for HID lights, I installed (took 10 min) Sylvania Silverstar bulbs which project a white light (4000K) very close to that of HID's of Armada. With the money I saved I installed a Volant cold air intake and Borla Dual exhaust so my hp is greater than QX56. I also added an E&G chrome front grill. My next move will be some 22 inch chrome rims. The reason I did all this is because my brother bought a QX56 2005 and everytime I visit him he's pissed because I saved a bundle and my ride is faster and has 4x4. Also I forgot to mention for $1450 I got an extended warranty from Nissan for 7yrs.!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
In my opinion the extra 10K is worth it, the thicker glass and more sound proofing are a big plus. I did go to test drive an Armada the wife and I loved it, The only issue was the noise, and that i something i couldnt live with. THe looks, i thought the Armada was good looking nothing to complain about nothing controversial and out of the box, but the Qx was very different from anything else on the road and it kinda resembles and angry rhinocerous in some situations but other times it does look elegant.But again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Customer service is good (so are the loaner G35's ;) ). FOr 2006 the truck comes gets more added excellentness. One more thing, Infiniti Winter Sales event is goig on so keep that in mind. I too am gonna get Borla's and a Volant so any advice you can give me? How are they to own(noise)? DId you install everything yourself? IF you did is it hard to do?- sorry for all teh questions.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
sorry to hear you got the QX

I am sorry to hear you think $8K is worth it but my Visualogic DVD player on the headrests is awesome. As for sound, I test drove both and I really couldn't appreciate any difference. Believe me, if the QX was worth it I would have spent the money but the only thing I do admit is that the interior on my armada is very plasticky. But with the red burl dash kit it really pumps up the classiness. The other plus is that I use regular gas which is not recommended in the QX56 according to the dealer. As for service nothing comes close to Lexus. I also have a 996 Targa 2002 and the service is no better than any other dealer. Yeah, maybe the lounge is nicer and they have expresso and free bottles of water but is it worth $8K.

The Volant CAI you can do yourself easy. I am a doctor and not very mechanically inclined and I did it. I also put on the E&G grill; took longer like 2 hours but not bad. For the borla exhaust take it to Meineke. They will put it on for you for about $75.00. The dash kit takes some patience but I love modding my SUV. I am probably going to order the Westin bull bar in chrome next to make it more aggressive.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
SilverQShip said:
In my opinion the extra 10K is worth it, the thicker glass and more sound proofing are a big plus. I did go to test drive an Armada the wife and I loved it, The only issue was the noise, and that i something i couldnt live with. THe looks, i thought the Armada was good looking nothing to complain about nothing controversial and out of the box, but the Qx was very different from anything else on the road and it kinda resembles and angry rhinocerous in some situations but other times it does look elegant.But again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Customer service is good (so are the loaner G35's ;) ). FOr 2006 the truck comes gets more added excellentness. One more thing, Infiniti Winter Sales event is goig on so keep that in mind. I too am gonna get Borla's and a Volant so any advice you can give me? How are they to own(noise)? DId you install everything yourself? IF you did is it hard to do?- sorry for all teh questions.
The glass isn't thicker, nor is the sound proofing. They use the same glass, and the soundproofing was only less in the '04s. The '05+ armadas have the same sound proofing. My Armada is more quiet than my G35. That's just your infiniti dealer marketing to you like they try to do the extra 10 hp.

Customer service is a huge difference. At the Nissan dealer, it seems like I'm standing on the unemployment line sitting at rejected High School furnature. At the infiniti dealer, they offer you coffee while you watch satellite on a big screen and surf the net. Very different.
On the whole it makes it very difficult to pick between them and I can't fault anyone for deciding either way. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Wonder if Infiniti would service our Nissans? But, is it worth the extra price? I like paying $20 for an oil change!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
nothing comes close to Lexus.
agree 100% nothing comes close to Lexus. After a while of owning my Lexus and using it as my primary car it just didnt cut it, too much body roll and 0 power and 0 acceleration. Triple you sure soundproofing hasn't been increased in the Qx56 it would seem foolish not to.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
SilverQShip said:
Triple you sure soundproofing hasn't been increased in the Qx56 it would seem foolish not to.

There is no way of knowing this for sure. Little nuances and differences like this are in constant flux during the manufacturing process. I would think the QX does have more sound proofing. I test drove one before settling on my Mada. I knew I was going to go with the 05 SE off Road but wanted to drive the QX. The QX was noticeably quieter than any of the Mada's I drove. I agree with TB, the glass is no different but I would think the body panels have more sound deadening material based on my experience during the test drive. That being said, the Armada is very quiet for a full size truck.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
My 06 Armada is far quieter than my 04, even without the squeeks and rattles.

Keith

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Hey, just noticed I'm an Enthusiast. WOOOHOOOO!!! :fantastic

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
They upgraded the Armadas with the QX soundproofing in '05 to quiet the sqeaks and rattles and other complaints. The weight went up as a result by a couple hundred pounds. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
andy said:
I'm starting to get jealous of the 06. I only have 3 more years left on my 04 lease. :mad:
I just want the mirrors and split 3rd row. ;)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Relax guys the 04's are lighter and faster.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
The dam car is fast enough, lol. With an air intake and CAI Src38 is nudgin the 5 second barrier on a tank of 87'. In my book thats pretty dam F'in fast for mammoth SUV.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
SilverQShip said:
The dam car is fast enough, lol. With an air intake and CAI Src38 is nudgin the 5 second barrier on a tank of 87'. In my book thats pretty dam F'in fast for mammoth SUV.
You mean the 7 second barrier for 0-60. :D

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
andy said:
Does the 06 have different 0-60 times than 04?
I'd trade some acceleration for more insulation and quiet.
If anything, it would be sligtly slower. Just do a 0-60 time with your '04, they put a highschool football player in the passenger seat and do it again to mimic an '06. Identical drivetrains, more weight. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.