Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Armadas First Wax Job

Can anyone recommend a good wax to use for my Armadas first waxing? Preferably something I can pick up at my local Pep Boys and something that is easily done by hand .... this thing is BIG!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I like the wax-as-u-dry stuff. It gives a nice shine, and it's a hell of a lot easier and quicker than normal waxing. I'm sure it isn't as protective, though. If you use this stuff, do small sections at a time with very little wax. It spreads pretty far, and smears easily if you use too much.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Touch of Class waxing?

I was told that i do not need to wax my armada since it has the touch of glass protectant. Does anyone know of this to be true?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I got a card in the mail after I bought my Titan that Allows me a free paint protectant service every 6 months. I assume this is some type of really good wax. Any of you know what I'm talkin about.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
I use zaino and will never use anything else. I decided to try it after reading a ton of user recomendations on another site. Now I'm recommending it to anyone who listens. It pricey...about $90 for the starter kit.....I would get everything in the kit except the Z5 unless you have a car with swirl marks you can use it on. The stuff is so easy to put on and wipe off. My smoke paint looks like it has a 1/16" clear coat on it. I love it and think its definately worth the price. There is probably other similiar products cheaper but I haven't tried any. The stuff is not a wax but a polish with uv protectant and it last a long time. You can almost just rinse it off at wash time since nothing seems to stick to it. It's almost like rain-x for paint.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
i got that paint protectant stuff and the scotch gaurding every six months also m4ck. never heard of that touch of glass stuff.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
re:

i got that paint protectant stuff and the scotch gaurding every six months also m4ck. never heard of that touch of glass stuff.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
My dealer added something they call "AutoMate" which essentially seems to be the same stuff you guys got. 6 Month worth of paint protection. I'm told I can take it back and have it reapplied every 6 Months up the car's warranty. I haven't scotchguarded yet... Will it stink up my car?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Go to the harley davidson bike shop and get this wax called "S100" It is BADASS. Car people love it! I'll show you how it looks when the armada is a month old.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
1. Get a buffer. The rig is just too big to do by hand. Your time is worth the limited $$$ spent.

2. Find Maguire's or Mother's and use their wax. Shouldn't be a need to polish or deoxidize the truck - it's too new. Wash it well and use a good carnuba wax.

3. See other threads about dealer sealant.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Poohdaddy said:
Can anyone recommend a good wax to use for my Armadas first waxing? Preferably something I can pick up at my local Pep Boys and something that is easily done by hand .... this thing is BIG!
I have recently started using Meguiar Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax and have been amazed at how easily this stuff goes and and more importantly comes off. It literally wipes on and off. Makes my Silver Armada glow. I also like to use Meguiars quik wax which is a spray wax every couple washes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
cfranzen
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing