Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened to my wife’s 2017 Platinum a couple of times now. We get a number of red triangles on the various camera screens as well as a notification that the cameras / sonar aren’t working. This happens VERY intermittently, like once every two or three months.

Took it to the dealer today to deal with a faulty ride height sensor in the rear and asked about this. Dealer apparently hasn’t seen it before but said it means the safety sensors aren’t available. (Note that this issue happened before the ride height sensor failed, so I don’t think the two are related.

Thoughts?

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
the BCM that controls the system could be faulty. there could be a faulty sensor. its a few things that come to mind.

did the dealer check for any codes?

did you buy the car used?

it should still be under warranty so let nissan handle it. :)

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
If it's still under warranty make sure that your complaint is fully documented on paper. That way you can get it taken care of if it happens out of warranty. If it not written down it didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, it just says in the manual to have it checked by a dealer.

I do know that there are certain conditions that the system wont work temporarily. Temps, debris over the sensor, etc. Generally it's very reliable.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
First time this happened on my QX80, it was because I didn’t plug the front camera securely onto the harness/pigtail after a DIY project. Water got inside during a car wash and was causing a red triangle to appear when the front camera was activated. Cleaned up the pigtail and camera end within CRC electrical cleaner; problem solved.
About a month ago, the red triangle appeared on the driver side camera. I took the mirror apart, cleaned up all the connections with the CRC product and no more red triangle.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: When we had our Armada in to fix the rear ride height sensor, we had then look at this issue. Since it wasn’t happening at the time, they couldn’t replicate it and couldn’t see anything obviously wrong.

Since then, it has happened a few more times but always came and went. We made an appointment to take it to the dealer today.

It just so happens that yesterday, the issue popped up again and stayed on through this morning so the dealer could see the issue.

The dealer hasn’t seen anything like it before, so they’re reaching out to Nissan tech support to see what the issue could be.

Unfortunately, we are way outside of warranty (52k miles and almost 3 years since purchase),and I have a feeling this is going to be expensive.

Yeah, it just says in the manual to have it checked by a dealer.

I do know that there are certain conditions that the system wont work temporarily. Temps, debris over the sensor, etc. Generally it's very reliable.

View attachment 48393
Thanks, that is good info. It’s interesting to me that everything seems to work (sonar and all cameras appear to be working) but the red triangles show up.

FINAL UPDATE: Our local dealer (Boardman Nissan, who was great to deal with by the way and not where we bout the Armada) worked with the Nissan Corporate tech guys to identify corrosion in the drivers side mirror wire harness.

Evidently, the plug for the mirror sits just inside the door from the mirror housing and water can pool there if it gets past the weather seal for the glass.

Corrosion was bad enough that the while connector had to be replaced, which is an expensive proposition as it comes attached to the mirror and cannot be purchased separately.

Thankfully, Nissan took relatively good care of us on this one and Around View is back to normal.

Thanks,
Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts