Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always run full synthetics and having to use J-Matic annoys me. I have run Mobil 1 ATF in the past and it would come out during drain intervals (15K) like new. Conventional would always look oxidized with a tint of brown vs the nice bright pinkish red of synthetic.

http://www.advancedlubes.com/html/synthetic.html

ADVANTAGE
UNIVERSAL
SYNTHETIC ATF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advantage Universal Synthetic ATF is a superior quality synthetic blend suitable for use in General Motors vehicles where Dexron III is specified and in Ford vehicles where Mercon or Mercon V is recommended (except M2C33F or Ford Type F). This product is also suitable for use in Daimler-Chrysler transmissions where ATF +3 and ATF +4 are specified. Also meets the requirements of Allison C-4 and TES-295*, Honda/Acura Z1, Toyota T, T4 (Lexus T II), Mitsubishi Diamond SP II, SP III, BMW, Hyundai, Nissan J-matic, Voith Commercial and most other foreign automobiles. Meets performance requirements of Denison HF-O, Sundstrand, and Vickers vane & piston pump tests.

(*not recommended for TES-295 extended drain)

TYPICAL PROPERTIES

PROPERTY ASTM Typical Value
Density, @ 15°C D4052 .851
Color Red
Flash Point, COC °C D92 175
Viscosity, Cst @ 40°C D445 35.0
Viscosity, Cst @ 100°C D445 7.8
Viscosity Index D2270 203
Viscosity, cP @ -40°C D2983M 10,600
Pour Point, °C D97 -53
Calcium, %wt. PCM438 0.03
Phosphorous, %wt. PCM438 0.04
Boron, %wt. PCM438 .004
Sulfur, %wt. PCM438 0.20

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
warranty?

The only question I have is; will Nissan still honor the warranty on the transmission?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Synthetic ATF

Cillyone said:
The only question I have is; will Nissan still honor the warranty on the transmission?
I hear you. Legally they would have to since this fluid is J-Matic approved. I personally will wait until amsoil or mobil 1 test for compatibility. If that does not happen I will just drain every 12k and refill with J-Matic.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
SE Off Road1 said:
I hear you. Legally they would have to since this fluid is J-Matic approved. I personally will wait until amsoil or mobil 1 test for compatibility. If that does not happen I will just drain every 12k and refill with J-Matic.
The question is - Is this fluid approved by Nissan for use in our transmissions? The statement says the fluid meets the requirements of J-Matic. But has Nissan approved it?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scr38 said:
The question is - Is this fluid approved by Nissan for use in our transmissions? The statement says the fluid meets the requirements of J-Matic. But has Nissan approved it?

Nissan or any other manufacture does not "Approve Fluids". In order to say J-Matic, Mercon II, III, V, Mitsubishi Diamond SP II, SP III, BMW, Hyundai,....etc...etc the fluid manufacture has to run test that meet or exceed requirements. These companies are constantly audited and heavily regulated. It is not Nissan who has say in this. Yes, they can be difficult and give you trouble if you have problems but if the fluid found in your trans is J-Matic approved they would have to honor any warranty issue by law.

The problem we have is J-Matic is so new the manufactures have not had a chance to run tests that validate the requirement. Or if they have they might find it is not worth the expense based on revenue forecasts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.