Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I sat in the third row for the first time last night while my wife was driving with kids in the 2nd row. Anyone notice a significant drop off in sound levels while sitting in the third row? Kids were watching Shark Tale and it seemed my wife had to crank the volume to around 19-21 to get minimum volume back there which makes the front really loud.Also, it seems the 2nd row tweeters are not very loud either. I'm pretty sure there is no speakers in the very back but it would be cool.This is with the Bose system and factory dvd. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
kodiecap

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I have noticed this also, especially since I upgraded my subs. The third row cannot hear any words over the bass. LOL! It's fine in the front at the same volume though.

I am thinking of adding 6X9's in the back panels when I upgrade the Bose speakers in the doors.

BTW, I always have to put the volume at around 20 when watching DVD's especially at driving speeds.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol,

Maybe the Mada is just to huge to for the sound to get back there which makes me wonder why they didnt put speakers back there. I mean most people watch the DVD screen from the 2nd row back so it would have been cool to have maybe and center channel between the 2 front seats or maybe in ceiling just for dialog. That would be asking allot though. I might try and add a pair back there depending on cost and if it can be done with the existing bose system.

Thanks,
Kodiecap

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
It should be possible. I assume it's just like adding the subs. I figure that you just have to draw signal (using Line Out Converter) and wire to an amp for full or high range and just route speaker wire to the new speakers that you are adding. I plan on upgrading all speakers without changing the Bose deck. This is the route that I will take when I eventually get around to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts