Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would throw a bone out there to find out how much interest there is in upgrades to the audio/video systems. I am intersted, but not an expert. If anyone has done any upgrades please share. I would like to get an idea what it takes to upgrade without putting in a new head unit and keeping all the functionality of the navigation screen. Mainly I would just like to upgrade the speakers and subwoofers for better bass and clarity. If there is enough talk on this subject it may also be a good idea to have a seperate category for electronics audio and video. Just some thoughts.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
cfranzen said:
Just thought I would throw a bone out there to find out how much interest there is in upgrades to the audio/video systems. I am intersted, but not an expert. If anyone has done any upgrades please share. I would like to get an idea what it takes to upgrade without putting in a new head unit and keeping all the functionality of the navigation screen. Mainly I would just like to upgrade the speakers and subwoofers for better bass and clarity. If there is enough talk on this subject it may also be a good idea to have a seperate category for electronics audio and video. Just some thoughts.

I've added a splitter to put video on the nav screen (avelectronic.com), added a dvd player/monitor and wired into the dvd prewire harness so the system works just like the factory...only about $1300 cheaper...

I've heard problems with changing out the bose speakers...cant tell you what they were but I think it had to do with the way they are wired. You have to run new wires maybe????

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
The Bose issue has something to do with the fact that they run on 0.5 Ohms or something.
Most our stuff runs on 4-8 I think. (I am no professional).

But if and when you do find an upgrade then let us know.

llajumpvid-- Does the nav splitter work with the OEM NAV and OEM DVD?
I mean have the OEM DVD player play on the NAV screen.?

--Raffa

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Actually, I think the big issue with the Bose system is how they wired the speakers. I believe they're single wires ran to each (and yes, there probably is an impedance mismatch with aftermarket speakers as well, but I don't know what the Bose speakers are rated at) -- I read something about this a while back when I was considering upgrading my speakers. If you want to upgrade your speakers, you'll have to upgrade the head, and that will require running all new wires throughout the Armada. A daunting task to be sure!!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Raffa said:
The Bose issue has something to do with the fact that they run on 0.5 Ohms or something.
Most our stuff runs on 4-8 I think. (I am no professional).

But if and when you do find an upgrade then let us know.

llajumpvid-- Does the nav splitter work with the OEM NAV and OEM DVD?
I mean have the OEM DVD player play on the NAV screen.?

--Raffa
Yes it will. Check the following link, site it will probably answer any question you have. It's been well worth the money to me. I couldn't go without it now.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
removing dash panels- help!

Hi- I just bought a new 04 Armada black on steel. anyways- i wanted to remove parts of teh dash so i can fit a antena wire up above the radio to my garmin GPS that sits above teh radio unit on tehat little shelf. I already drilled a little whole for it when it got hard wired to the car. now i need to install an external antenna to get better reception for my gps. any ideas on how i can run this wire from the floor and remove some panels left of the glove compartment?

I mounted the antenna behind the rear brake light above the trunk and am running the cable from there alon ght left side of the headliner. From their im want to go in from next to the glove box and up into the shelf above the radio. thats where my garmin is mounted.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
gfozz
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing