Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

Auto Door Locks????

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  BlakSpyda 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how to get the door locks to lock when you pull the mada in gear or does it even come with this feature?? Some i have also seen have the door locks when you get up to like 20 MPH??
Mine only lock when the lock button is pressed???? :confused:
any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 ·
Have a 2006 SE and it did not come with automatic locking. Got it when I had the Clifford Alarm installed.

#3 ·
#5 ·
Use the above module. Personally, I am exceedly happy it doesn't have this as I have nothing but grief whenever I'm in a car with this "feature". The Jetta does this and I'm constantly fumbling at the door lock button. What's the point anyway?:confused:

#6 ·
I have an answer...

It is there to keep drunks from falling out... duh...

LOL!

sinnerFA
BTW my Jetta Does it too... Please Drink and Drive Responsibly! :0)

92TripleBlack said:
Use the above module. Personally, I am exceedly happy it doesn't have this as I have nothing but grief whenever I'm in a car with this "feature". The Jetta does this and I'm constantly fumbling at the door lock button. What's the point anyway?:confused:

#8 ·
Well, really it was put there to begin with to keep car jackers out. However, I don't go to car jack areas very often, but I do stop to pick up passengers all the time, which requires me to continually fumble for the manual door lock button. PITA. I'd rather lock the door if I feel I'm in an unsecure area and have the convience of not fumbling for the doorlock on almost a daily basis. I also keep my 40 cal close for car jackers. Most car makers do not have this option because most people prefer to not have it. ;)

#10 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.