Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SV
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an issue with the auto locking system on my 2012. I want the doors to UNlock when I put the vehicle in park. It currently only unlocks when I take the keys out of the ignition and it is highly annoying. Please let me know any ideas, links, articles that I can follow to make this change.

dealer wants $165 to re program!
Is there another way?

·
Administrator
6,306 Posts
you want the doors to LOCK when you put the car in PARK? im curious as to why?

the dealer has the consult tool that programs the system. that consult tool is what you need and sadly only the dealers have them. i had the dealer change my hvac setting and door lock when i had my car in once for some maintenance (oil change or somesuch). i asked them to do it and they did it for free since the car was already in for service, so maybe you can ask them to tak this on the next time you go in for service. they are only charging you for the labor. its literally a couple button presses to change the lock system

·
Registered
2012 SV
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

the dealer has the consult tool that programs the system. that consult tool is what you need and sadly only the dealers have them. i had the dealer change my hvac setting and door lock when i had my car in once for some maintenance (oil change or somesuch). i asked them to do it and they did it for free since the car was already in for service, so maybe you can ask them to tak this on the next time you go in for service. they are only charging you for the labor. its literally a couple button presses to change the lock system
Unlock when placing the vehicle in park instead of when the key is out of the ignition.

Sorry. My carrot fingers were fat. Mistyped.

·
Administrator
6,306 Posts
no worries mate- just wanted clarity... :)

that said, that is a function that has to be programed by the dealer. maybe reach out to another nissan dealer in your area and see if they may do it cheaper? like i said, thats how i had my car programmed so when its in park it unlocks , and when in drive, it locks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
One of my good friend is a master tech for Nissan. I just brought my Armada to him earlier today and had him switch the mode for me. It now unlocks when I put it into park, BUT only the drivers side and not all the doors which is not what I wanted in the end. He did advance two degrees of timing for me and that definitely is noticeable. He also increased my idle RPMs by 0.050 and made the car noticeably smoother at idle. Lots of cool things he could do. There was also some settings for adjusting Ethenol mix that he wasn’t too familiar with but we did see setting for E70? Which I would assume is 70% Ethenol which is crazy. Anyways I have a 2011 Armada maybe yours might be able to unlock all doors in park.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts