Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,
I am looking for some help on a problem I have run into on my wife’s 2006 QX56.

Problem: Auto seat position and steering tilt doesn’t work in sync, and just keeps getting closer to the dash board inch by inch when exiting and entering the vehicle. Also the seat memory buttons do not work sometimes. It seems to be correlated to what position the steering wheel height is at.
Any body else have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
hello . sorry to hear of your issues.

not head of exactly that problem on this and a couple other forms I frequent.

the memory positions are controlled by a little box called the ADP , or Automatic Drive Positioner. this controls the memory positions of the seat, steering wheel movement, mirrors, etc. that box then speaks to the BCM. the BCM tells the ADP what to do depending on the TCM (Transfer Control Module). along that path there are sensors and wiring that can become faulty over the years.

maybe scan the obd port for any trouble codes, do a visual inspection for any physical damage.

have you had the car since new? or is it used? any aftermarket modifications done to the car (alarms, sound system, etc). any other electrical issues?

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you had the car since new? or is it used? any aftermarket modifications done to the car (alarms, sound system, etc). any other electrical issues?
We have not. We bought it used. But it is all stock. I have checked what I can get to and don’t see any problems. I may try and replace the modules you mentioned.

the only other somewhat electrical problem it has, is the hands free phone doesn’t connect at all.

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
the handsfree may not matter here.

if you are mechanically inclined, you can grab the service manual and read up on the SEAT section. it will tell you the parts that play in this and what areas to look at. te boxes are all plug and play but they are not the easiest to get at.

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the handsfree may not matter here.

if you are mechanically inclined, you can grab the service manual and read up on the SEAT section. it will tell you the parts that play in this and what areas to look at. te boxes are all plug and play but they are not the easiest to get at.
Thank you. I have been reading up on it. I tried resetting the seat memory first, didn’t work. I have a feeling it is a wire in the steering column do to the fact it works depending on what position the column is in.

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhh.. grashoppa! you may have a clockspring issue! :)

I saw you mention the steering column and forgot to mention the clockspring.

are you having any other issues with any steering wheel controls for the radio or cruise for example?

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
N
ahhhhhhhhhhh.. grashoppa! you may have a clockspring issue! :)

I saw you mention the steering column and forgot to mention the clockspring.

are you having any other issues with any steering wheel controls for the radio or cruise for example?
none for the radio or cruise, but the handsfree phone button i believe is not working correctly. What is this clockspring you speak of?

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lots of discussion on this forum of late about it. videos online. Just search for "nissan armada clockspring" :)
so I was going to try the clock spring replacement but got cold feet. I don’t feel like having an airbag blow my face off lol. I think that is the fix though, when we first bought the vehicle the horn didn’t work for a little while and then randomly started working. I watched videos online that had the same issue and replaced the clock spring and it fixed their issues.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
As long as you disconnect both battery terminals and wait about 5 mins, you’ll be fine. I replaced the clockspring on my previous 04 years ago which took care of the SRS light constantly lighting up along with the horn that worked intermittently.

·
Registered
2006 QX56 and 2016 QX60
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As long as you disconnect both battery terminals and wait about 5 mins, you’ll be fine. I replaced the clockspring on my previous 04 years ago which took care of the SRS light constantly lighting up along with the horn that worked intermittently.
All the videos did say they waited like 10 minutes before messing with the airbag after disconnecting the battery. I’ll do some more research on it, and may be attempt it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts