Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove my fully loaded LE in Galaxy off the lot. I put in Auto start and love it and wondered if anyone else has had this installed and if so if they like it. :D

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Is this a factory option? Is it a remote start feature?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an aftermarket option the dealer offered me from Audiovox $450. I have a Galaxy with dark grey interior and K.C. can be a hot town in summer and cold in winter. Looking forward to using it to get my vehicle "ready to roll". I have had vehicle just over a week and love the feature so far. It comes on a small additional phobe (1" x 3/4" x 1/4" thick) and has a red led light. You simply press button twice in a row with the doors locked on the car and voila - she starts up. You then unlock car when you are ready to fly and hop in, put key in and turn to "on" and you are good to go. You can preset run time in increments of 5 minutes before auto shut off takes place. If you want to turn truck off while in autostart mode without the key in, simply push the button on the key phobe another 2 times and it shuts off. the doors stay locked on the car after you auto start it until you unlock them.

Love it :cool:

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I have an Auto start in my Armada for the cold Alaska winters. It has every thing Kansas city has, but it has a digital display that show when the vehicle turns on and a 2 mile start range cost $495.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Did they rig the auto start to work with the chip on your valey key? I was looking into getting one too and they told me that's what they'd need to do to bypass the chip in the key. They'd hide the key in the glove compartment and hook it up to something that would send the signal to the engine to start it.. Anyway, just curious..

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I would love to have this here in Arizona to get that air going in my Galaxy before I get in to the Beast. I have noticed that my air does not cool down until I get the RPM's up. :damn: Has any one else noticed this?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
AZARMADA said:
I would love to have this here in Arizona to get that air going in my Galaxy before I get in to the Beast. I have noticed that my air does not cool down until I get the RPM's up. :damn: Has any one else noticed this?

Yep same for me.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
AC cooling in AZ

Yes I noticed this also with my 04. My previous SUV is a Olds Bravada and you can hang meat in the cab after just a short while. But, when we had that heat wave in AZ a couple of weeks ago of about 110, it took me 5-10 min. to at least feel like it was really cold, then another 10 min to cool the entire vehicle. It took getting on the freeway at high RPM to really start cooling. I had wondered if I needed to recharge the AC.

Rhonda

AZARMADA said:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm, this was the situation with my '00 Yukon also. I am seeing the dealer on Monday and I will ask about it but, it is probable "normal with a vehicle of this size" (I can hear it already).

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
The_Flood said:
Did they rig the auto start to work with the chip on your valey key? I was looking into getting one too and they told me that's what they'd need to do to bypass the chip in the key. They'd hide the key in the glove compartment and hook it up to something that would send the signal to the engine to start it.. Anyway, just curious..
Yes they place some type of modulator with my key inside to by pass the security System. Every thing works fine no problems even has a timer that starts my vehicle 15 min before I go to work.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Air Conditions what i have learned

Automotive air condition may be slow at time because of the process of heat removal In your vehicle. There is a chemical reaction with you Freon which is slowed down Because of pressure and temperature relation :confused: .= (it is hot in your Armada and it takes time to remove the heat)

The higher your RPM’S the quicker the AC compressor will remove heat from the inside of your vehicle to a point

Some tips for a cooler car, Park in the shade, crack your windows are place a sun reflector in the window.

An Auto start works great for a cooler car but you will fill it at the gas pump :1245:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
All makes sense, here is Arizona we do all the above as often as possible.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts