Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I tried searching but couldn't find anything related to my issue. So let me try and break this down:

When my car is Off and Unlocked I was able to open my trunk from the Key Fob or the Rear Handle. I can't do this anymore.
Only when the car is On and/or Running will using the Key Fob or the Rear Handle work.

When my car is Off and Unlocked, I have to press the Unlock door button inside the car and then press the Lift Gate button in order for it to open. If I Unlock the car and immediately press Life Gate, nothing.

When my car is On and/or Running, only then can I press Life Gate and it will open without the need to press Unlock first.

Hopefully this makes sense and hopefully it's an easy fix. The motor sounds good and opens fine in the situations listed above. Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Administrator
6,306 Posts
there are actually a couple of recent threads with rear hatch issues where the fob does not open the door but the inside button worked. in the ballpark.. :)

this is not a usual issue and it sounds like its BCM related. when you need to open the rear hatch, a request is sent to the bcm which in turn triggers the antenna for the rear hatch to send a signal to the fob (this is if you are using the fob to open the rear). the fob will handshake to prove its licensed to be with this car and the request is made.

do you have another fob you can test with?
what year model trim is your car?
did you just buy it? have you had it since birth?
if you bought used, has this always been an issue or did it just start? and if it just started, did you have any signs prior to this that it was acting intermittently?
any electrical mods done to the car? any other electrical type issues with the car?
any CEL lights on the dash?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there are actually a couple of recent threads with rear hatch issues where the fob does not open the door but the inside button worked. in the ballpark.. :)

this is not a usual issue and it sounds like its BCM related. when you need to open the rear hatch, a request is sent to the bcm which in turn triggers the antenna for the rear hatch to send a signal to the fob (this is if you are using the fob to open the rear). the fob will handshake to prove its licensed to be with this car and the request is made.

do you have another fob you can test with?
what year model trim is your car?
did you just buy it? have you had it since birth?
if you bought used, has this always been an issue or did it just start? and if it just started, did you have any signs prior to this that it was acting intermittently?
any electrical mods done to the car? any other electrical type issues with the car?
any CEL lights on the dash?
Thank you for your reply, here are your answers:
  • no other fob, didn't come with the car
  • 2008 LE w/moonroof and rear air-ride
  • I did just purchase used in March 2021
  • it just started happening, was working perfect when I got the car. No signs that I could tell
  • no electrical mods done nor any other electrical issues
  • No CEL light

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Have you replaced the battery in the fob? Mine did not work well with an off-brand battery. I bought energizer batteries for both fobs and they work well. Hopefully it's something that simple.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not but that's a great idea! Thank you. Also, I found some threads about the BCM so I'll spend some time there also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts