Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys(and Gals)
Since I was a new member, thought I'd share a little story with you regarding the Armada's eqiopped with the automatic rear lift opener(and closer).
Apparantely there is a safety sensor set up that prevents it from coming down on a person's head or object too firmly, I tested it and with just a small amount of hand resistance, it went back to the upwards position just fine. I then tested it while I was in the garage, to see how it does while opening it automatically,not well, I had my wife push the open button on the remote and was expectign to have the same minot pressure to keep it from hitting thr garage door, I had to manually hold the gate open while it came within an inch or so from nailing the back portion of my rollup garage door, the wife was a little tardy pushing the stop button.
So, remember, if you happen to open the auto lift in an area where it might strike the top of the garage or door etc,,it will do some damage to the door before it comes to a stop, I really had to force it from opening, Hopefully the auto opening motor wasn't damaged, it seems to be working fine though.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
This did happen to me. I thought I had enough clearance in the garage. The garage door was up and the lift gate did hit it. There was not damage. The rubber seal on the bottom of the garage door did not scratch the lift gate and the lift gate did not hit hard enough to any damage to the garage door. This was about a month ago and all still work fine.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
rear lift opener in garage

I hate to admit it but I also did this. I have had some experience with this in the past with my mother (73 and lives with me) shutting the garage door down on my truck campershell door!! Really did a number on it! So this time, I was ready and hit the close button right away when I saw it was going to hit. I manually had to stop it and I heard and felt a clunk like a gear skipped a beat. I thought I broke it but thought it may be cheaper to replace the motor that repaint the deck lid! Thanks goodness it was fine but I now know, it opens too far for my garage door and stucco house finish!!
Is it supposed to work this way, I would hope that when it hit some resistence, it would go right back down like a garage door is suppose to do when it encounters something while going down.
RA

BigWaveDave said:
Hi Guys(and Gals)
Since I was a new member, thought I'd share a little story with you regarding the Armada's eqiopped with the automatic rear lift opener(and closer).
Apparantely there is a safety sensor set up that prevents it from coming down on a person's head or object too firmly, I tested it and with just a small amount of hand resistance, it went back to the upwards position just fine. I then tested it while I was in the garage, to see how it does while opening it automatically,not well, I had my wife push the open button on the remote and was expectign to have the same minot pressure to keep it from hitting thr garage door, I had to manually hold the gate open while it came within an inch or so from nailing the back portion of my rollup garage door, the wife was a little tardy pushing the stop button.
So, remember, if you happen to open the auto lift in an area where it might strike the top of the garage or door etc,,it will do some damage to the door before it comes to a stop, I really had to force it from opening, Hopefully the auto opening motor wasn't damaged, it seems to be working fine though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts