Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought these for $40 off Amazon. 4 3/8th holes in the plastic bumper cover and a few nuts and bolts and they were on. I attached both wires to the hitch electronics but there's a nice dropdown available from the taillight housing if I had decided to go that route.

Here's the hitch 7-pin wires. I just hooked these into the Ground and Reverse Lights, so there was no need for relays and switches. Lots of resources on Youtube if you prefer lights that automatically come on in reverse and manually come on with a switch.

Thought I'd add a backup image as well:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those look great. Thank you for showing me that they're possible. Would you mind including some photos of how you attached them to the 7 pin? Is there any concern about them drawing too much current and melting the wiring harness for the hitch 7 pin?

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Honestly I don't have any good images of the wiring because that was a very tight and dark area, especially since I didn't want to go through the ordeal of lowering the spare. I literally wired it straight off the diagram above and the wire coloring was correct.

I'm not particularly concerned with my setup because I only use it for reversing, so it never stays on for more than 30 seconds at a time. I watched YT videos of setting up switches and relays to make them functional floodlights, but that was beyond the scope of what I wanted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So to clarify you attached the wiring for the lights to the wires going to the 7 pin connector, but not to the connector itself? Are you happy with the brightness? Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I used a wire spreader on the #2 Ground wire and the #7 Backup Light wire and attached both lights to it with t-connectors and covered with electrical tape for weather proofing. Seems very bright when I back up, at least on my backup camera, so I'm satisfied with the results so far.

I haven't used a trailer with it yet, but in theory it should compliment the trailer backup lights. This particular light set had a quick disconnect feature so if you don't want to use them while trailering you can unplug them.

Reactions: muchomojo
1 - 7 of 7 Posts