Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here is a pic of my av switcher installed, which allows me to see video on my nav screen and alos chose from four sources to watch on each monitor.also is a pic of my towing brake controller, and two switches. one switch for the brake controller, and the other for my nav movement mod, which allow input while moving. third switch is located in the center console next to the driver seat that one if for the av electronics module.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Wow, looks almost like mine:). If you get some double sided carpet tape, roll up a couple balls of it and stick it on top of the AVE box, it will hold the plastic factory navigation shield on and hide some of the wires.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cover

soudn cool I already have some double stick that I put the two units togather with going to go put the cover on right now, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
DVD on NAV Screen instructions.

Hey guy's, I have a 04' Armada with the factory DVD and NAV (tech package). I just purchased the AVelectronic box as per The Captain, in this forum. People in this forum have discussed variations of this install, but no one is giving exact outlined instructions, can you please help me and future movie seekers?

Ok, from what I'm reading in this forum, I can install the (To Nav and To Nav screen) harnesses at the DVD player point (below the pass seat) right? Then do I need to splice out of the factory DVD player, the video/audio and route them into one of four inputs on the AV Box?

Also, the AVelectronics box also comes with the power harness with several wires, but their instructions don’t describe where or what to hook up to? The best place to tap in the power source is?

Could someone describe the process (line by line) for future Armada (DVD movies to Navigation screen) people?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Johnny, to do it correctly you need to cut and splice the wires just behind the monitor, otherwise you will have the AC etc showing on top of your video. But I do remember someone saying something about that they connected to the wires under the passenger seat and then just hit something like the map button which turns off the overlay screens. I think it's in the freshalloy thread you are referencing in which the Captain started.

Sorry I don't have time this weekend to give much more reponse than this but if you need more give me some time next week to write up some more how to.

For the other wires just take the ground wire and connect it to any screw/bolt that is conveient, like the seat. For power you can tap the cig lighter in the center console. or just tap into the power wires of your DVD, which is what I would do. I believe the other wire you have is for a backup camera that you can just leave unhooked.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Wiring AV Switcher from DVD ROM

DaArmaDa said:
here is a pic of my av switcher installed, which allows me to see video on my nav screen and alos chose from four sources to watch on each monitor.also is a pic of my towing brake controller, and two switches. one switch for the brake controller, and the other for my nav movement mod, which allow input while moving. third switch is located in the center console next to the driver seat that one if for the av electronics module.
In the photo that you posted, I cannot see the four wires that you spliced. Can you please tell me which colors you needed to use for R, G, B and RGB Sync.

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Does anyone has the(Pathfinder/Armada) cuz/splice connector wiring diagram for the Video Swither from AVElectronic? I know I've already PM some of u on this forum, but still havent get any replys. Need help ASAP... Thanx in advance...

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
replied to your pm, but here it is too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Please forgive a Noob's ignorance. But I do not see a picture on the first post.

Also, Can you guys answer some questions. I have an 05 Pathfinder and I really want to do some of this, but I cannot find that AV switcher you are talking about anywhere. AVelectronics.com is a site for electronic dead bolts.

1.) What is this AVSwitcher and Where can I get it
2.) What are the features? I hear it can provide multiple Video sources to multiple monitors. I.E- If I want to control my NAV and play DVD on back monitor(s). This is possible right?
3.) Are any controls lost? Like my nav controls, or AC Controls.
4.) How is video switching accomplished. Do I have to reach under the seat? Can I control Video Switching through the NAV Console?
5.) How difficult was it to install?
6.) What's the deal with the 1 and 2 and the Dog in R1cky's pictures. Is this always on the screens?

Thanks!

-JB

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Please forgive a Noob's ignorance. But I do not see a picture on the first post.

Also, Can you guys answer some questions. I have an 05 Pathfinder and I really want to do some of this, but I cannot find that AV switcher you are talking about anywhere. AVelectronics.com is a site for electronic dead bolts.

1.) What is this AVSwitcher and Where can I get it
2.) What are the features? I hear it can provide multiple Video sources to multiple monitors. I.E- If I want to control my NAV and play DVD on back monitor(s). This is possible right?
3.) Are any controls lost? Like my nav controls, or AC Controls.
4.) How is video switching accomplished. Do I have to reach under the seat? Can I control Video Switching through the NAV Console?
5.) How difficult was it to install?
6.) What's the deal with the 1 and 2 and the Dog in R1cky's pictures. Is this always on the screens?

Thanks!

-JB
Its avelectronic.com leave off the "s":) http://www.avelectronic.com/products.htm
That should answer most of your questions. It's fairly easy to install. just cutting and splicing a few wires. The hardest part is getting the dash apart. I think the 1 and 2 must be coming from a top something countdown. The screen will only show what you have playing....unless you tie into behind the nav unit and not behind the monitor. I think that may of been what R1cky did. He had asked a few questions and I said I thought it would work but that there may be some video degragation due to additional travel length and more overlays. This was coming from Sam at Avelectronic so he may be more critical of the video quality. If you do it at the nav box I think you can just hit one of the nav buttons (like the route button) and get the hvac overlay to go off

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ave

first I have a switcher for sale if interested, second the ave switcher alows you to watch any of four vedeo souces on your nav screen plus three other screens that you may want to add, I have mine hooked up to my stack dvd player and output to my nav screen and my stock dvd screen, I was plann ing on putting in another dvd a tv and a xbox, but selling the truck now so I dont kneed it. the dog is part of what he was watching on his screen its mtv2 dogs, the number and the time should dissapear al well as the bottom when the route button is pushed, jsut as it does when you push the route button the HVAc stuff dissapears

1 - 15 of 15 Posts